Obsessed!!!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Obsessed!!!!

I know hair ties are a common play thing of some of our cats, but I think Doogie has taken it beyond liking into a complete obsession. Only recently has my hair been long enough to put into a ponytail so I went out and got some new hair ties. I would take them out and just leave them sit next to my makeup in the bathroom. Well, apparently when one fell to the ground, Doogie found it to be the best toy ever (they were the thick ones w/out a metal clasp, so when I found out he was playing w/one I wasn't concerned). Cute at first, and not at all surprising b/c I had heard about cats loving them before. BUT, he then began to take this newfound love of hair ties to a new level. One night he woke me up by crawling over me to get to my nightstand where there was a hair tie. Other nights I woke up to him making noise on the dresser trying to get one that was up there. It was like he had a honing device to find the hair ties! So I started keeping them hidden so that he couldn't get to them. But I had left out the package of hair ties (piece of cardboard with the hair ties wrapped around them) that had the ones I hadn't used yet on it in the bathroom. One night josh woke up to go to the bathroom and found doogie with the package on the floor and pulling, one by one, the hair ties off the cardboard package!!! In the morning I found about 6 hairties scattered around the bathroom and the package empty. I laughed and told josh what I found (not knowing he saw him do it) and he said "you're kidding! I thought that was a dream--I saw him pulling them off with his teeth and paws one by one!!"

So needless to say, no hair ties or packages get left out anymore--they are all hidden and out of sight for my seriously hair tie obsessed kitty!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 10:10 AM

I was laughing at your post....quite funny to me. I think cats are the masters of obsessions and they just don't give up. Winston is totally obsessed with tape. Whenever he hears tape he comes running! And the problem is, he eats it so we have to be totally vigilant as this is obviously not a good thing to do. I actually have to lock him up in another room because he will keep trying to steal it whenever I'm using it. He is bound and determined. He's been successful a couple times and thankfully puked it up. Marcellus is totally infatuated with eye glasses and considering we have 3 people in our home that wear glasses....well. You cannot leave them anywhere. He will scope them out then he knocks them down and steals them. He is obsessed with knocking other things down too....nothing is safe if he can move it with his head. It's pretty funny actually. I cannot tell you how many glasses and dishes that have been knocked down because we forgot for just a few moments. Ah yes, cat obsessions.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihave4kitties
I was laughing at your post....quite funny to me. I think cats are the masters of obsessions and they just don't give up.
I was laughing too, mostly because I'm thinking about the things my girls are obsessed with! Storm loves this wooden back-scratcher DH has, to the point that we've been unable to find it for about a week. DH thought it was under the bed or stuck somewhere in the bed, but I'm convinced Storm made off with it. She also loves his glasses.

I have this little tiny metal seam ruler (for measureing seam allowances and stuff) and I keep finding it in the oddest places, far, far away from my sewing stuff.

The other day, I had dropped a packet of lunch meat ham (missed the counter when I tossed it from the fridge) and Boo got a hold of it and was struggling to drag it behind the couch with her. Darn near the cutest thing I've ever seen! Man, they are constant entertainment!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 10:51 AM

Mine love my hair ties too! lol

This morning, I reach for my hair tie and it wasn't on my night stand. I try to hide it up there, but they find it.

So I go downstairs and start packing my husband's lunch. When I open the pantry, there's my hair tie!!

I was so happy that my cats were considerate enough to bring it downstairs for me.

lol
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 11:30 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihave4kitties
Marcellus is totally infatuated with eye glasses and considering we have 3 people in our home that wear glasses....well. You cannot leave them anywhere.
I have cats that are obsessed with eyeglasses, too. I have to be extremely careful. They already ruined one of my eyeglasses by chewing holes through them.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Why don't we just make this a running thread on our cats obsessions?? Just reading these few it is really funny. I'd love to hear all the little qwirks our kitties have!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

ok.. had to add this... as I was sitting here on the computer and Doogie was on my lap he just tried to get the hair tie off my ARM! I had it around my wrist and he started pawing at it trying to get it off!!! Silly kitty. I think he's going through hair tie withdrawls. He'll do anything for a fix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page