Athena and Jeffers Story.... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Athena and Jeffers Story....

Someone had mentioned my posting this story so here it is.

When I decided it was time for a dog, I researched for pitbull rescues in my area. I came across Spindletop and found several dogs that I was interested in. But, when I scrolled down and read Athena's story all of that changed. I called Spindletop and found out that she had been there about a year and a half. Of course I thought, no one wants a one eyed pitbull. So I told the lady that as long as she was nice I would come by that weekend and adopt her. Once I got there I met Athena and she was a timid little sweety. She gave me soft kisses by touch me w/ her nose and some times barely sticking her tongue out. Then the lady said "It is too bad you can't take two home," (I lived in an apartment at the time) "b/c she shares a cage w/ her boyfriend Jeffers." So me being the softy that I am, I asked to see Jeffers. He came up to me wagging his tail w/ his tongue hanging out, stood on his hind legs w/ his back to me and licked my face! SOLD to the sucker!! I only took Athena home that day b/c Jeffers had to be fixed. She was miserable until the day I brought him home. I have never seen a dog so happy to see another dog. This picture was taken right after I brought him home and they both calmed down a little.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/3/lovers.jpg

Now here is the link to Athena's story and pictures. Please do not look if you have a weak stomach. This was an abuse case.

http://members.petfinder.org/~TX60/athena.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 08:46 PM
Banned

You have some sweet doggies there , but I think this should be moved to the Lounge because this is the Cat Chat section .
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 09:03 PM

awww...poor baby!! I am glad she has such a loving home now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 11:25 PM

Oh what sweet babies and a nice story. I'm so glad you could give them a good home.

I hope to adopt from a pitbull rescue when I finally buy a house. I had to leave my APBT with my ex. I miss him like crazy every day!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 11:27 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
I love your dogs (I have a soft spot for Pitties anyway). How wonderful that they get to live with you!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 07:04 PM

Oh, poor Athena! What a great pair, so glad you found them. And how wonderful of you to take them in...I love the people on this forum, so loving, especially towards animals.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 10:45 PM

you are a sweet sweet sweet person! Coming from dog rescue I can tell you what an AMAZING thing you did, especially taking in both dogs. They look so happy! Isn't it amazing how abused animals can still love and trust humans? It think dogs (and cats) have a lot to teach the world about loyality and love.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page