Fur! Fur! Fur!!!!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 02:54 AM Thread Starter

Fur! Fur! Fur!!!!!

My god!!! my cat is just over a year old now and has been malting for the last couple of months!... I love it when he comes up for a cuddle.... but now its impossible because he just leaves you covered in hair! He is a domestic short hair but is fairly fluffy. even though he is brushed everyday and has no stress in his life he still sheds a bucket load!!!!

please if anyone knows tips... or any ideas to reduce the hair please respond!!!

) ... waytwofoxy ... xxx

edit Zalensia- Please dont write in all capitals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 04:50 AM Thread Starter

Please all you cat people!!!

I would really love some input on this subject!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 05:51 AM

all i know is that when my kitties started exciting kitty puberty they went from shedless to SHEDDING
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 06:12 AM
Premier Cat

I found mine shed less on a high quality diet.
If your house is really dry and hot, say steam heat, they may shed more.
A lot just depends on the cat too.

Victoria
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 08:00 AM

My parents have a DSH/DMH and she sheds WAAAAAY more then my four cats combined.

I have two DSH and two DLH.

My mom bought a Furminator after I bought one for my German Shepherds. Her cat loves it and it does a great job on the fur. My male DSH LOVES his Furminator. He cries when he sees me get it out for my dogs. If I turn and start coming toward him, he just collapses on the ground and waits to be brushed!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 09:25 AM
Cool Cat

Yep, Natural Balance and Chicken Soup with canned food made a big difference in shedding around here. One of my cats' was terrible just as yours.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 11:15 AM

I have definitely noticed that my cats shed less when they eat more wet food. Also, I don't know if this is true or not, but my personal experience tells me it may be, but a hotter, dryer house leads to more shedding as well, which in cooler weather would be the case with having to heat our homes. We keep our house quite cool. Of course my cats still shed, but just the "normal," shedding. When I pick up or pet my cats I don't have a carpet of hair on me.
Some animals do shed more than others too. Our dog has always been a horrible shedder, more than all four cats.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 02:10 AM

I live in Los Angeles, and right now the weather is heavy with moisture, and quite cool (40 degrees at night), so I turn the heat up to about 68-70 degrees, and run a humidifier, if the air gets too dry.

Ask your vet about products that cut back on shedding cats. My vet sold me a product called LoShed for Pets. The label says "Reduces airborn allergens caused by pets dry skin and hair coat; reduces non-essential shedding." Mine is a 6.8 oz bottle, and I think it cost me $18. I keep forgetting to apply it to the cats, so I guess I'll have to leave it out where I see it every day. There is also a LoShed Shampoo, which is supposed to help curtail the excessive shedding also.

The ingredients are: Keratin, Amino Acids, Vitamins A, and E, Complex of Essential Unsaturated Fatty Acids, Biotin, Calcium D-Panthothenate, Inositol, Herbal Extracts.

Sounds good, eh? I shake the bottle vigorously, then spray my palms 3 times, and massage it into the cat's fur, outer layers and the undercoat. The directions say to use it daily for 2-3 weeks, then only one or twice a week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page