New born baby and cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

New born baby and cat

Hi all pal,

I have a long hair cat and now i am pregnant.

I have a big problem, my cat shed fur although i been combing and giving him best food, there is no method to really completely make him don't shed any fur.The fur might hurt the new born baby respiratory system so this is my BIG PROBLEM.

What should i do? I need help.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 08:48 AM

Call me stupid (since I have no human children, only pets), but how can fur hurt a baby?

I'm not saying this in a mean way.....I'm just curious as my husband and I intend to have children some day and also have 8 pets!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 12:00 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
I think They are worried about the baby's breathing being irritated by the fur (some of which can be quite fine) DylansDaddy does not let Dylan sleep in bed room with us for this reason as it can affect his asthma.

My advice would be, keep the cat out of the baby's room and your room whilst the baby is sleeping in there. Try and put clean washing away BEFORE the cat can lie on it and hoover regularly This should minimise the chances of your baby being affected by any fur.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 03:08 PM

I have 4 cats one of them being long haired, and I have 3 kids..Never had a problem, I had the cats before I had my kids..Alls I can say is that I vacuumed often when they where all babies..But I have 4 cats, avoiding fur in this house is almost impossible, especially with other pets also...Unless you know your unborn child is going to have respatory problems, I would not worry much about it, and if it makes you comfortable keep the cat out of the babies room, to reduce the risk of fur...

My main concern when I was pregnant was my cats laying in the crib with the babies (I have twins) but the cats where so scared of the new lil aliens in the house, they wanted nothing to do with them, even after having my son they still wanted nothing to do with a baby...But thats not all cats...

I hoped this helped ease your mind a bit, just keep a eye out...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

thanks a lot for all your advices.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page