Fleas? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Fleas?

Ok I don't know how but my cat has fleas. She's an indoor cat, and so is our other cat, but somehow they both got fleas. Last night when I came home, there were blood spots all over my white sheets. We got a flea comb and have been coming them out of them. But this blood freaked me out. Is this normal? Should I be worried? what should I do? They both had just been given Revolution 2 weeks before so they really shouldn't have gotten fleas. But my poor little cat is bleeding here....so what do I do?! Please help?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 09:23 PM
Premier Cat

My indoor cats have gotten fleas. You can bring one in on your shoe and there they are! The blood spots you are seeing are flea poop (flea dirt). Yuck!! I don't know why they would have them if you applied Revoution 2 weeks ago though. Maybe it was expired or something? I've only ever used Advantage. I would call your vet and ask them if it's O.K. to redose them with something so soon. Also, if they have a bad infestation they probably have tapeworms too. If they've been to the vet recently they usually won't make you come back in for the prescription, you can just drop off a fecal sample for them to test.

Victoria
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 12:30 PM

Fleas

Get either Advantage or Frontline Plus. My vet says if you try one and it doesn't work, try the other. I used Frontline Plus and it didn't work but have had good luck with Advantage. It's easy to use. Just part the hair on the back of the neck and put it in the part. This protects against future fleas. To get rid of the active fleas right now, there is a pill to give them. I can't remember the name but your vet will know. Within 1/2 hour, the fleas drop off them. It doesn't keep them off -- that's why you also use the Advantage or Frontline Plus. Then, vacuum your house and spray a flea spray. Get rid of the vacuum bag. Spraying can be tricky when there are cats in the house. You'll have to put the cats in a separate room. However, my vet sold me a spray that the cats can return to the rest of the house in about 1 hour. This method helped when I had an infestation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 10:45 PM

I don't know about where you are but the vet here will give them a good flea bath for $10.00, I didn't know that until after I gave Daisy 3 very terrifing baths ! Hey but I did it LOL
Then you can go w/ frontline etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page