The Difference between Breeds and Coats Textures - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

The Difference between Breeds and Coats Textures

I have a question. I have 2 cats, one that is a Siamese Mix and a Tabby.
The Siamese mix cats coat is very thick and luxurious and feels like the lining of a Sherpa Coat whereas the Tabby's coat is more like The texture of hair. Does a Purebred Siamese have the type of coat I described in my Siamese mix or do they vary? The reason I ask is I tend to be a bit allergic to my Tabby and never ever have these reactions to the Siamese Mix. We are picking up our new kitten in the morning and she is a purebred Siamese and I am wondering what to expect. It was hard to tell as she was so young when we saw her, but her mother's coat seemed to look a lot like my Siamese Mix. We couldn't get too close to her as she was being very guarded as we were looking at her babies!
Also, tomorrow will be the first day the kitten is away from MOM.
What should I do to prepare for this and what should I expect?
Thanks.
Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 03:54 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
I don't know. I had two cats from one litter and three cats from another litter. In both "batches" one of them have luxurious fur and the others do not.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jimmyness
The siamese mix im takeing care of has that type of fur aswell. But i havent really seen a pure bred eaither so i wouldnt know. Let us know wats its fur is like when u get it. Whne you bring the kitten home it's probably spend the day hiding and/or feeling sad, try cheering her up with toys and stuff and all should be good. How old is the kitten ur getting?

Sincerely, Krystle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

The kitten I got Tuesday is 8 weeks old. Her fur IS like Gracie's my Siamese Mix. I also looked closely at and held the kittens mother and her fur is like Gracie's so I guess maybe it is a characteristic of theirs. The kittens too seems to be very luxurious!
She's a real cutie too!
Deb

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 11:00 PM
Banned

Aww, she is so sweet!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 05:33 PM

What a beautiful kitten. Is it a blue point or Seal point? I am getting one as soon as I can talk the breeder into letting me have it. It is 8 weeks old and will be neutered. I won't get it until it is 9 weeks old for sure, but she wants to keep it for another 2 weeks after that which would make it 11 weeks old. I'm going crazy waiting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page