NEWBY...I need serious meowing help - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

NEWBY...I need serious meowing help

A little background info first.... I moved into a new apartment about 6 months ago with my 2 yr. old bengal. She has become adapted to her new surroundings and loves it here. Me and my boyfriend work from 7am to 3pm. When I come home she wants some attention which she gets and then she goes back to sleep. BUT when my boyfriend comes home she wants alllll the attention. He will play with her for about 1/2 hour then she goes about her business. As the night goes on about 7:30 pm she starts meowing constantly, we will try and play with her but she is not interested. She will often sit on top of the book case staring at the ceiling, meowing....if anyone has a bengal cat you know they are not quiet meowers. When we are ready to go to bed she will sit on the floor beside the bed and just meow for hours. it's to the point that we are affraid of being kicked out of our apartment because it is so loud and so constant. She is fixed, so i don't believe she can have heat cycles anymore....but unsure and she is perfectly healthy. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. I have thought of trying to change her sleep cycle if it's even possible but wouldn't know where to start. Someone PLEASE HELP ME
Thanks....Star's Mom
By the way she is strictly an indoor cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 10:59 PM
Banned

Maybe she has a medical problem if she is meowing or maybe she needs a friend?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 02:42 PM
Cool Cat

My singer, little Janis Joplin, sounds so funny that I just listen to her and let her get it out.

Your sounds like maybe she needs more play during the day, so she sleeps better at night, but they still get up early...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 04:28 PM
Jr. Cat

I think that a playmate for her would be a great idea! Our Shade is very vocal (which we actually like ), but she was bored through most of the day and would pester my husband to play while he was working (he works from home). Since rescuing our new cat, Ghost, Shade has been much happier... they're still getting used to each other, but she loves having a playmate.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Thanks

thanks for the advice....my boyfriend and I are trying to keep her awake during the day but we can only do this on our days off. She was quiet most of the night last night, because we were home ALL day with her. I think I am just affraid it's going to get to the point where our neighbors are going to complain to the office. If any one knows anything about apartments, they have very high pet fees. We did not tell them we had a cat when we moved in to avoid the fees, but if they find out we have her they charge a $1000.00 fee. NON REFUNDABLE. Hopefully she will quiet down, and we have been running around with the idea of getting her a friend.
Thanks Again,
Star's Mommy
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 03:47 PM

My cat goes on the occasional tirade as well when I first go to sleep. Hours on end seems a bit odd to me, though.

Just be careful if getting another cat. Nevermind the fact that you are compounding the fraud and swindling of money from the landlord and possibly causing health problems for a future tenant who believes the apartment was cat-free, your cat might not actually do well with another cat. My cat often seemed lonely, so I got a playmate. Now he is just as lonely and gets into fights once in a while. Not much progress.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page