Lilly is getting a tooth extraction. *emergency vet tonite* - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 06:10 AM Thread Starter

Lilly is getting a tooth extraction. *emergency vet tonite*

Lilly is going in for a full dental cleaning and tooth extraction. Plus they are doing a biopsy on the swollen part of her mouth (which is near the tooth they are extracting). Just being a nervous mom right now. Please keep her in your thoughts today. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Well I guess I am going to update even though nobody posted (or posted yet).

Lilly is home from the vet. The procedure went well. The tooth had a lesion and they did a full cleaning. She seems to be doing well. She wanted to eat immediately which I think is a good sign. I don't know if I would want to eat after having a tooth pulled but she is my little piggy.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 05:57 PM

Aww, she's in my thoughts. Good luck, give us an update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Banned

Poor baby , I hope she is doing well .
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 08:26 PM
Cool Cat

they gave me 3 syringes of pain killer for my old cat, she had 3 pulled because of the cavities. She probally was sore after 3. Did they give you any pain killers for Lilly?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Yeah they gave me Bupronex. It's a narcotic. They told me not to worry if my kitty looks stoned. Her pupils are dilated and all glazed over. Sean and I were just eating dinner and she stood by the table and just sat and stared and swayed a little the whole time. Poor girl. When Willis was on it he did the same thing. I think she probably hates us right now and if she was not so drugged up, would be plotting our demise.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Tom Cat

glad to hear everything went well hope she's back to normal soon!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 10:05 PM

I remember when one of my girls got a tooth extraction. I took her in in the morning and they said to pick her up around 5pm. She was still really doped up and when I put her in the house she kept trying to walk and then kept falling over, like she was really drunk. Never Again. From now on anyone getting a procedure is gonna spend the night at the vets! I'm still mad at the vets for releasing her too early.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 12:02 AM
Cool Cat

One of my cats came home in that state too, but they don't have anyone at the Vets office overnite, so when I got her home I put her in the spare room and made a 'nest', for her.

She had a litter box too, walked over to it and tipped face first over the side, so I snuggled her back in the nest and got out and shut the door, checked on her every couple of hours and she was still woosy when I went to bed around 10p, 5 hours after picking her up.

Woke around 3a and she was doing remarkably better, so I then let her have run of the house again.

Don't know if they gave her too much or if it just had that much of an effect on her system.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I tried to confine her to one room...I set up a litter box, food/water dishes, and a bed and she wanted none of it. She wanted to eat, purr, play but she did have the occasional moments where she just spaced out and swayed a little...then she would comeo ut out of it. She is fine now though. She is all done with her pain killers and doing great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page