Do any of you go to cat shows? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Do any of you go to cat shows?

I am going to a cat show tomorrow morning Saturday January 28th and I'm bringing my boyfriend with me. We're going to leave early and take 2 buses to the Del Mar fairgrounds. The address is 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd, Del Mar, CA 92014 just in case any of you would like to go and can go. Maybe I'll see you there. I'll be the petite blonde so you can recognize me, maybe.

I love to go to cat shows because I can buy toys and treats for my cats that I don't find at pet supply stores and because although I of course love my own cats the best it is fun to look at all the different breeds there are and how pampered these kitties are. I see people feeding their cats baby food and persians eating Fancy Feast out of crystal dishes. It's so cute.

Last year I went to a cat show and I saw a relaxed sleeping domestic shorthair dressed in a grandmother outfit with glasses on her face and behind her was a sign with a thinking bubble that said, "My life is better than yours." I was amazed at how that cat did not mind being dressed up and just slept right through it. My cats would hate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 12:10 PM

I show cats, so I go frequently. Though I haven't been to one since November. I love all the kitty toys and treats I find there! And it's always fun seeing so many different kitties!
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 12:40 PM

I try to make it to the cat shows around the area. I have become good friends with the breeder of my maine coons and when she is showing in the area I tag along and help her out. I get to handle her cats and play with them without all the hard work of prepping them. LOL. Sweet deal.

They have a lot of neat toys and beds from the vendors that you can't find at stores. My pocketbook is always lighter coming out of the show. It's a lot of fun seeing all the different breeds.

Enjoy the show!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 03:48 PM

I show Toby and Willow at the GCCF shows here in the UK which are always great. I love seeing all the other breeds of cats and mooching round the stalls buying all the goodies.

I'm going to my first TICA show in a month or so which is apparantly much more relaxed and you can stick around to watch the open class judging so I am really looking forward to that.

Have a great time tomorrow
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 07:17 PM

I wen to my first show a few months back and loved it. Thre were so many unique things there and I loved seeing all the kitties. I actually was just thinking of seeing if there are any in Michigan anytime soon since I just moved back here.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 08:38 PM

My wife and I have been to a few but not lately .

I use to train and show two of our dogs(a Dalmatian and a Rhodesian Ridgback) in both Obedience and Conformation but to this day, I do not understand how cat show judges judge cats . It seems to me to be totally different(Conformation not Obedience ) from the way a dog show judge judges dogs .

Dan
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 09:28 PM

if i knew any in this area i would
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 10:32 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow771
if i knew any in this area i would
Ditto. I live in a fairly small community, so no such luck. I would adore to go to a cat show some day. Have fun!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 11:53 PM
Banned

I love going to cat shows, so much fun . Actually I went to pet shows, so they have both dogs & cats. One time I bought my cat this purple mouse on a string that squeaks. I don't go anymore, but I should more often.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 12:08 AM

Last time I went to a cat show was about three years ago with my mom. I've been meaning to go someday with my husband, but the good shows are in downtown Houston, a good 45-minute drive from where I live.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page