I Just know my cats is very sick.. but the vet says hes not - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

I Just know my cats is very sick.. but the vet says hes not

I noticed my cat eaiting barley anything and drinking even less, so i rushed him to the vet, they did bloodwork, found nothing, his temp was high by 2, but other then that, nothing was wrong with him..

Im takeing him to another vet on monday to see if they can find anything, hopefully they can figure this out

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 10:29 PM
Premier Cat

How wonderful that you are getting a second opinion for your cat. I think caring owners have a good sense when something isn't right. I hope you get some answers and Barley is better soon.
How old is he?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

he will be 3 in april.. he has also lost about 4 pounds in about 2 weeks, casue he is usely a great and heavy eater and i never could feel his back bone, and now i can..

I weighed him in the begining of this month before he was sick and he weighted 19 pounds nows hes only about 14-15.

hes barley movieng around, he wont even play with any cat nip( thats when i knew something was wrong)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 11:59 PM
Banned

His name doesn't seem to be Barley, I think s/he meant barely. Yes, I hope you can get a second opinion to see what the matter w/ him is. Maybe collect a stool sample to give to the vet? Maybe they can take some x-rays for you too? I don't know it could be anything, best of luck and please update us on what happens .
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 12:06 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
You are absolutely right to get another opinion! It's hard to understand why the original vet dismissed his symptoms.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 12:27 AM

Your cat hasn't been outside at all in the past couple weeks has he. I had a dog once that drank from a puddle where termite poison was poured days before and stopped eating and drinking and passed a week later. Not saying that's what's wrong or what will happen, just stressing the fact that your animals can get into anything when they're outside.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsmeow
Your cat hasn't been outside at all in the past couple weeks has he. I had a dog once that drank from a puddle where termite poison was poured days before and stopped eating and drinking and passed a week later. Not saying that's what's wrong or what will happen, just stressing the fact that your animals can get into anything when they're outside.
My cat is a inside cat, hes scared to go outside cause if the doberman the my neighbor has..

Im pretty sure he didnt get into anything in the house because i dont have any plants or chemicals in my house

The only possible thing i can think of if my cousin brought her cat to my house for 1 day, and got my cat sick... thats the only think i can think of, because he was find before her met her cat..
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 01:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bltsob
Quote:
My cat is a inside cat, hes scared to go outside cause if the doberman the my neighbor has..

Im pretty sure he didnt get into anything in the house because i dont have any plants or chemicals in my house

The only possible thing i can think of if my cousin brought her cat to my house for 1 day, and got my cat sick... thats the only think i can think of, because he was find before her met her cat..
What did her cat have? Maybe that can help you.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesnBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by bltsob
Quote:

What did her cat have? Maybe that can help you.
i have no idea what her cat had, i even asked her if her cat had any medical problems and she said no, but some how as soon and she brought her cat over, mine got really sick..
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 05:45 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
Just a shot in the dark here but has your cat been around other cats before? He may have stopped eating and drinking through the stress of having another cat in his territory?? It can take some cats a while to settle again after the visit of a new cat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page