Most amazing thing happened - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Most amazing thing happened

I don't know if alot of you will believe me in what I'm about to tell you. My wife and I lost a cat mitsie on Dec. 23rd. and we had her for 14 years. Since we don't have any children, our animals take there place in this case Mitsie. She wasn't the most gentle of cats and she has her own personality which included don't pick me up if she didn't want to be picked up or else. We both fell in love with her and were devestated when she passed on. It's been 6 weeks and I still think about her even though we have two new kittens.

My story is this. I was sleeping when I felt something different. It was like a dream but wasn't. I got real cold for a few seconds and then Mitsie came to me and licked my face and head butted me for about 1 minute and then she disapeared. From others who I talked too, I had a calling from Mitsie telling me everything was ok with her and to stop felling guilty about putting her to sleep which I have been doing. My wife is a healer and told me the same but she hasn't visited my wife yet. Today when I came home from work, I sat down in my chair and Tiger, one of are new kittens jumped up in my lap. I was petting her when I heard claws scratching at the foot of my chair. Thinking it was Bandit our other kitten, I said no Bandit and looked down but she wasn't there. She was curled up in her sleeping box. It had to be Mitsie again as thats something we could never break her of, scratching of the chair.

Thats my story and I know it might sound strange, but its the truth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Tom Cat

I'm sorry for your loss.. I'm sure Mistie lived a very good life.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 06:54 PM

That is so sweet that she came back to tell you everything is okay. I would have been pretty shocked but would be so happy at the same time. I think someone else on here had a similar experience.

https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 10:46 PM

Mitsie

I believe you had a true spiritual experience with Mitsie. Don't let anyone tell you differently. Out of the corner of my eye, I've seen beloved cats who have passed away -- like you know there's a cat by your feet or it has walked past you in the room, but there's not a cat there when you turn your head. I've never had as wonderful experiences as you have had, and am happy for you. Your experience is very special. I believe animals have spirits, as do all living creatures. Everyone doesn't believe that, and I respect their beliefs.

I believe there are animal ghosts, just like there are human ghosts. The Christmas after my son died, we had a Christmas tree with non-blinking light strings. On Christmas Eve they started to blink. And the ceiling fan turned on by itself. If that wasn't enough, the front door blew open wide. No, I'm not crazy, and 6 - 8 other people saw it all happen also.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 03:13 AM
Jr. Cat

Re: Mitsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyannietaffychester
I believe you had a true spiritual experience with Mitsie. Don't let anyone tell you differently. Out of the corner of my eye, I've seen beloved cats who have passed away -- like you know there's a cat by your feet or it has walked past you in the room, but there's not a cat there when you turn your head.
I've had similar experiences when we lost our beloved Smokey. Treasure the experience, always.

-Cat Lovers are the Best People on God's Earth
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 06:34 AM

Although I've never experienced anything like this, I believe it can and does happen. You are very lucky to have had such an experience! As others have said, treasure it, and don't let anyone question it! How lovely to know that she is well and safe. Best wishes.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

I thank you all for your replies. I have since read about people who can talk to the deceases animals so I know what happened to me was real and I'll always cherish it.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 09:34 PM

My little Milo didn't die. I had to give him away, six years ago. It broke my heart, and when I heard that I wasn't allowed to know who adopted him, I felt like something died inside of me. I've moved on since then, but I can't look at these old cat-shaped ornaments of mine, one of which is black and white with the name "Milo" painted in white on his breast, without crying my eyes out. Actually, I'm tearing up now as I write this.

Ever since I gave him up, I've felt a kind of emptiness in my heart, and for the longest time I could swear I saw a cat darting away out of the corner of my eye when I was alone in the house, and sometimes, even now, when I'm upstairs in my room I can hear a plaintive meowing coming up from downstairs. We have a dog, and sometimes it turns out to be him howling for attention or treats, but other times, I know that sound too well, and I know it isn't Sammie. Michael, the cat who held my heart as a little girl, died after we gave him up, (feline leukemia, I think). Sometimes I wonder if it's him meowing, or Milo, but I know it's one of them, and it always makes me tear up and start missing them all over again.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

I wouldn't be surprises if it wasn't one or both of them saying were here and everything is OK with us. They both loved you and want to stay around you as long as they can. You are one of the lucky ones.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Senior Cat

I have been very fortunate in that I have not lost a pet in many years....

My mom had a cat that she had to have put to sleep. He was very sick and she felt bad that she let it go as long as she did. At the end, he was skinny, weak, and miserable. Right after she put him down, she would have dreams that he was trapped and she couldn't get to him. Or that he was behind a glass wall, and she could see he was in pain and see him crying, but couldn't get to him or soothe him. Really upsetting stuff.

Months later, she had a dream very similar to yours. He was nice and plump again, happy and healthy. Purring in that way only he could. She got to sit in the sunlight with him and pet and cuddle him. At the end of the dream, he wandered off, happily playing in the grass. That is the last time she ever dreamt of him.

You may think that it was Misty, coming back to let my mom know that he was in a better place, happy and healthy again. Or maybe it was her own subconscious, telling her to let go of her guilt. Either way, she still says it was one of the best dreams she ever had. And it made her feel like she could finally let him go.

I think that no matter what you believe in (God, the supernatural, psychology), it is something that is part of the grieving process. You need to have those experiences to remember the good times, and not the bad ones towards the end. I am thankful that my mom got that with Misty. And you got that with Mitsie.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page