My cat gave me a heart attack! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Banned

My cat gave me a heart attack!

Well, not literally, but today I was just sitting down drawing w/ my parents and suddenly we all hear this noise . It didn't even sound like a cat it sounded like a wild animal or something, but then we realized it was Baby. She was at the window and screaming at this cat that was outside and this is in the night time too. My sister comes running to check out on her and my dad thought that she was caught on something at the window, but we looked outside and it was another cat and my sister's saying get out, get lost to this other cat and this other cat looked like the cat we lost (Baby's littermate). But we don't think its him/her because the other cat could look like any old other cat. But Baby gave me a real scare , my sister was trying to calm her down. She was calm anyway when she left the window and was sitting down like nothing happened. I said to her don't scream like that again you gave us all a heart attack, but then I was laughing about it , but still scared . She doesn't like other cats on her property and she's an outdoor/indoor cat, but now indoor because of the cold weather. We will let her out in the spring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 09:44 PM
Cool Cat

I rescued a male stray in much the same manner, only I had 2 cats screaming at him,

he turned out to be declawed and a well behaved gentleman, I would have kept him,

but 1 cat was so scared she wouldn't come out of the bathroom and I was afraid she was going to soil somewhere nice.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 10:22 PM

Heart Attack

My Molly does the same thing -- it sure does get the heart a pumping, you're right. What a screech! I can't imagine waking up in the middle of the night to it.

How long ago did you lose Baby's litter mate? Was it just a little kitten? I've heard of cats returning to the house they got lost from after 2 years. Was it old enough to know its name when you lost it? It's too bad you can't know for sure. I lost my cat last spring and still look for him on roadsides and in yards when I walk. It would be unfortunate if s/he came home & no one recognized her and wouldn't take her back in.

Even though Molly screeches at cats outside, when new ones have come in -- after a while she accepts them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Re: Heart Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyannietaffychester
My Molly does the same thing -- it sure does get the heart a pumping, you're right. What a screech! I can't imagine waking up in the middle of the night to it.

How long ago did you lose Baby's litter mate? Was it just a little kitten? I've heard of cats returning to the house they got lost from after 2 years. Was it old enough to know its name when you lost it? It's too bad you can't know for sure. I lost my cat last spring and still look for him on roadsides and in yards when I walk. It would be unfortunate if s/he came home & no one recognized her and wouldn't take her back in.

Even though Molly screeches at cats outside, when new ones have come in -- after a while she accepts them.
Well, Baby's going to be turning four on February 10 and we got her when she was a couple of months old, so I really doubt it was her littermate, but we can never be too sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page