plant advice - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

plant advice

hi can anybody help me i have just built a out door cat pen it looks a bit bare just wondered which climing plants i can put in to grow up the mesh. I have a list of plants which i can and cannot use but i am not very good in the garden part can anybody tell me in plain english which would be the best thankyou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 02:06 PM

I know you're looking for climbing plants and I honestly don't know that but have you thought of some herbs that cats would like? How about cat mint or even other mints? They get fairly large and are as tough as nails. I'm assuming it's fairly warm and that you get plenty of light and if that's the case, I would think herbs would do great!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 02:06 PM
Cool Cat

I know someone will have a good answer for you but I have a suggestion. At the cat home I work at, we have silk plants - maybe you can at least supplement with some of those? Just a thought!
Good luck!

I can't wait to see pics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 03:04 PM
Premier Cat

There are so many!! I'm in California so I'm not too sure what does well where you are. If you give me the list of the ones that you can use I can tell you which are the easiest to care for.

Victoria
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 04:57 PM

Here are a few. You can go on the internet and they can give you a complete list. Some of the non toxic vines are:
Gloxinia
Grape Ivy
Lipstick Vine
Spider plant
Swedish Ivy.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
About Swedish Ivy...I used to have them but my cats ate them all

Nowadays I just put pots on the outside and let weeds grow in them, then I bring the pots indoors. I rotate the pots around a lot so there is a "salad bar"
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

plant advice

thanks guys i will have a look around i was looking for a fast growing vine to cover the top for some knid of sun/rain block as my cats are out all day but they come in at night, i would never have thought of sliks thanks
i have been told bengals eat a lot of plants,i put some grasses in there pen but the eat it i have a list of toxic and non toxic,but i just wanted to know which will work and the one they dont eat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page