Willis was my caretaker after surgery. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Willis was my caretaker after surgery.

Thursday I got my wisdom teeth removed. I came home in tons of pain since it took about an hour to get home after the surgery and I wasn't able to take any pain meds till then. So I had to wait an hour for it to kick in. I was given valium during the procedure which made me pretty weepy too. So I am at home and crying, taking heavy breaths, moaning etc.

Willis sees me this in this state and starts running around and then following me around. Finally I laid in bed and the pain meds were just barely kicking in. I was still crying and moaning and had the blankets pulled up over me. Well Willis hates being under blankets. I have tried covering him up and he just darts out. Willis hopped onto the bed and crawled right under the blanket and situated himself right up against me so his head was poking out of the covers and he took his arms and paws and wrapped them around my arm. He laid with me there for about an hour. He made me feel so much better. My tears of pain turned into tears of joy.

He went down later and ate some dinner but then came right back up and laid with me the rest of the night. The next morning I was sick to my stomach and he came and sat next to me in the bathroom.

Mind you my boyfriend has taken good care of me while he has been around but when he was at work Willis took right over. I love Willis soooo much!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 09:38 AM

Awww... what an angel! Yay for Willis!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 10:15 AM

awe what a sweetie!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 12:07 PM

Awwww
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 12:28 PM

Aww! I'm glad you have Willis to be your buddy while you're not feeling well. I remeber the weepy, moany time after having my wisdom teeth out, not fun at all!
Many prayers for a speedy recovery
--Annasaur
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

He is such a good boy....I love him sooo much.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 05:20 PM
Premier Cat

What a sweetie! They do sense when you
need them. He sounds like a soul cat if I
ever heard of one.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Banned

My Baby did that one time when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. I had to take the stupid Tylenol 3 (never again will I take it!) and make my stomach sick so I had to drink tea and I was crying because of the pain. My Baby came downstairs to see what the matter was and came behind me in my seat and I was patting her and it made me feel better. I think cats can feel your emotions sometimes .
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 11:19 PM

Animals have a sense 'Empathy'-When my dad was dying my black kitty layed right next to him constantly, and the dog we had did this for my dad when daddy had a hangover The pup snapped at me when i tried to move him away from daddy!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 03:03 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
Awwww, what a sweet kitty! Star is my comforter when I'm upset/sad/hurting/having a good cry, etc...

----------
Renée
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page