Fat Cat window perches? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via MSN to ziggystyles Send a message via Yahoo to ziggystyles
Fat Cat window perches?

Hi all,
So a while back at Wal Mart, I saw a Window Perch for 15 bucks or so and so I bought it. Ive always wanted to get one for Cleo and Im glad I did as she spends a great deal of time on it.

I know she likes to look out the window. In Las Vegas, we lived on a groud level and she was always able to look out the screen doors, but she was only able to see the 4 foot wall that enclosed the patio.

Now that we have moved to southern MN, we are in the top half of a house. When we moved in, I put a bunch of unused couch cushions and stacked them up for her to sit on and watch out the window. Then I bought an organizer and put a big pillow and blanket on the top and she loves that perch now (below).

Anyways. That perch is on the side of the house facing the street. The WM perch is on the backside facing the alley and she loves that one as well now.

The only problem that I see is that it isnt big enough for her to lay down fully and take a nap. She loves to sleep on the other perch and I think she would on this one as well, but it isnt big enough for her as she rolls around and stuff. Do they make larger ones that also attach to the window?

Thanks,
Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 08:24 AM
Cool Cat

Shelf boards at menards work, just measured how wide for the biggest cat when lying, and the length of the window,

and 7 windows have them, I also padded some by putting cloth over that pillow cushion stuff and glueing it down, fairly easily replaceable and throw if soiled.

I used long wood screws to fasten it to the window ledge, the one with dark cloth in the sun is most popular,

I was thinking it a good alternative to having a bow window, of course you'd have to fill the holes with puddy when removed.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
Your first perch looked AWESOME. My cats would love it!!! I see no reason for change.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 11:22 PM
Premier Cat

Shes a little beauty!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page