Taking the kitties in to get spayed/nuetered tomorrow - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Taking the kitties in to get spayed/nuetered tomorrow

I am taking 4 of my cats in to get fixed tomorrow. 2 are my inside cats and 2 are strays that have been hanging around in my closed in back porch (they come and go as they please because it is missing a window on the door... just a place for them to get warm and feel safe). We are keeping one of the strays inside for tonight so we won't have to catch her in the morning and hopefully we will be able to catch the big stray male in the morning. The little stray girl is around 4 or 5 months old and I am hoping that after she gets spayed that I will be able to find her a home. We just had 4 of the inside cats spayed and nuetered last week. After this all of them will be done. At first we were only supposed to get the first 4 fixed but we are doing this with the help of a low cost spay/nueter clinic and a rescue group and they asked if we had any other unfixed cats... then offered to get them done too. They are angels. I am sooooo thankful that we have found someone that will help because it was getting a little overwhelming. They are going to keep the cats overnight. So I will let everyone know how they are doing when we get them back home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 11:39 PM

Great new. I hope all goes well.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
WOW.

I spent $300 (half of a month's salary) on spaying and neutering my five. I wish someone would help me.

I bet you are really excited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 11:21 PM
Premier Cat

That is so cool that the spay/nueter clinic is doing that for you.
You are so great to be making this effort. This means less
unwanted kittens in this world.

Are you socializing the 5 month old kitten.
Any pictures. I hope you find a home for her soon.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

We just got back from the clinic. We had to take them today because of car problems the day we were supposed to take them in. The lady from the rescue group was there dropping off a couple cats to get fixed. She saw the stray kitten and said she might take her. She said that she is really pretty and that she would probably get adopted fast. We have to give her a call once we get the little girl home.
We only ended up taking 3 in because we couldn't catch the big stray male. If the lady at the rescue doesn't take the little stray female she will probably end up staying inside the house until we can find her a home. She is soooo cute and such a sweetie. I don't know how she got like that because she showed up with her brother (who I havn't seen in about a week or 2) and her brother was really scared of people and would run if you moved too fast. She is still kind of nervous around people but with a little work I know she would be a big baby. No pics of her though ( need to get a camera).
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 10:04 AM
Premier Cat

That is great news. I think you got this little girl just in time before she goes totally feral. But Im no expert. I should read up in the feral section of Cat Forum!!!

I hope you can catch the big boy and get him nuetered soon. I cant say enough kudos to people who go out of their way to spay and nueter dogs and cats. We will get this under control in this country! And we slowly are!

Get a camera soon so we can see your kitties!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

All the cats are home and doing good. Raven has a UTI so we have to get some meds from the vet. Raven was also in the very early stages of pregnancy so it is good that we got her in when we did. Molly (stray kitten) had ear mites and that was treated. I'm kind of suprised that that is all she had from being an outside kitty. But other than that everything went good. Bear is a big healthy boy. Now Molly gets to stay inside until we can either find a home for her or the rescue takes her. I kind of secretly want to keep her LOL but I don't think we need any more right now.

And I will try to get a camera soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page