strange treat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 05:15 AM Thread Starter

strange treat

my cat is about 7 years old and he eats felix senior pouches and scraps of human meat

at christmas i had a box of matchmakers and they were half full and were on the sofa he was sleeping on the sofa he smelt them like he always does on everything and he started licking the box he went crazy he had never done anything like it beforethen he tried to open the box with his paw. After xmas we had more matchmakers and again went nuts over the mint smell then i gave him a full white mint matchmaker and he ate it all. Then my brother was kneeling down at the fridge and had chewinggum and polos in his pocket and Smudge my cat started to lick his pocket. And then we let him lick a polo and he loved it. Does anyone know why he is doing this ? please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 08:55 AM
Cool Cat

Strange treat

Scraps of human meat Your cat sounds really dangerous

Ha, ha, I know what you meant, though! It's funny what they like, isn't it? Jimmy loves cheese - I think that's fairly common in cats. There was a thread here a while back about cats that love olives. We tried Jimmy with one but he wasn't at all interested.

I don't think it hurts to give them a treat once in a while, although I believe chocolate isn't good for them. Neither is cheese, for that matter but we do lect Jimmy lick the little crumbs of the cheese knife (after we have finished with it, I hasten to add) but I don't think that does any harm as it is only once in a while.

As for peppermint - as far as I know its not dangerous. But someone on this forum is bound to give you some more advice about that - they are a very knowledgeable bunch

seashell
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 08:56 AM

My guess would be the mint. Catnip, the one herb most cats LOVE is of the same family as mint. My only concern, however, is whether matchmakers contain chocolate? Like with dogs, chocolate can be fatal to cats if they are given too much.

This article is for dogs, but it pertains to cats as well:

http://www.canadasguidetodogs.com/healt ... icle10.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page