Good Thoughts Needed...for my brother's cat, Linux - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

Good Thoughts Needed...for my brother's cat, Linux

Seems as if the poor guy has a UTI or some sort of blockage. He hasn't eaten since last night or peed since last night, exhibits squatting behavior, etc. Unfortunately the little city my brother is in (my hometown) has no emergency vet. I am having horrible flashbacks to the time when I was stuck in the same city and Jazz got unexpectedly and suddenly ill...which she didn't recover from. No emergency vets, UGH!!!

So I have to sit here and worry my butt off about him and his poor kitty. Here's Linux:

http://www.catster.com/?82730

EDIT: He just IMed me to let me know that a friend is taking them to an E-vet in another city. This only makes me feel a little better. I am still worried sick because I don't know the vet, I don't know what Linux's trouble is, I don't know how expensive the bill is going to be, and I don't know how my brother is going to react to all of this. He's not exactly rolling in it, and I can only help him out a bit. But that's not the worst of his troubles if it is something very serious with his cat. He loves that cat so much -- the cat is perfect. And with many things in his life going "not so great" for quite some time now....well...you can imagine.

I'm not going to sleep a wink tonight. Can you tell I'm a complete worry-wart when it comes to people I love? *pulls hair out*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 02:08 AM
Banned

I'm sorry , I hope everything will be ok .
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 05:37 PM

Awwww, Linux is a cutie! I will say a prayer for him tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 09:19 PM
Premier Cat

What a beautiful Kitty! I hope there is good news and they found what is wrong.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

It was a blockage -- they gave him fluids and a catheter and then let him on his own this morning to see if he would be okay...but he blocked up again. So now they are doing the same thing and keeping him another night.

It's better than I thought as far as funds go, though -- because while it is going to be expensive, my bro is probably in the best shape he could be in. He just got done paying off his credit card and his home equity line of credit...so he's good to go. Sucks that he just paid it off and now has a big bill...but better than the alternative.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 03:37 PM

That's good about his money situation. I hope everything goes well this second time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page