reliable source on cats? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

reliable source on cats?

there is a book written by a lady who knows rats very well, this one: http://www.ratfanclub.org/books.html

is there a similar book, or website, or something that i can learn more about cats and being a good cat-parent? a source where i can know for sure that what i read is true? thanks[/url]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 03:48 PM

Try your local book store and look in the pets department. I've collected various books on cat care that way. You can also search under www.amazon.com. Even authors can be pretty opinionated but I trust books better than I trust the web usually. Although this forum certainly does have some very useful information. And there are many members here that are quite knowledgeable.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 06:26 PM

I really liked the book

"Cat vs. Cat" by Pam Johnson-Bennett

This is my first experience with more than one cat and I found this book very interesting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 07:13 PM
Banned

The following authors have written excellent cat-knowledge books and are reputable and authoritative:

Roger Tabor
Pam Johnson-Bennett
Bruce Fogle
Larry Lochman
Desmond Morris
Wendy Christensen
John C. Wright
J. Anne Helgren

You can't go wrong with any of them. Good luck on building up your cat library.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 01:35 AM Thread Starter

thanks! i want to be the best cat parent i can be
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 03:48 PM

I have a couple books by Bruce Fogle. I also have a book by Steve Duno. KISS(Keep It Simple Series) guide to cat care. This book even has information on homemade raw too. The book is not biased one way or the other. It basically lets you choose, dry, canned, dry and canned, or homemade.

I also like Christine Church's book, called How To Keep Your Indoor Cat Sane and Sound. This book doesn't support the raw meat diet but it has great information about keeping indoor cats happy. I never knew cats like classical music and that leaving some classical music on while you're not home can be very relaxing for your cat. They hate the hard rock music and heavy metal though. Christine Church says, "Although I like it, cats don't."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page