How does your cat get ur attention? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 02:28 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jimmyness
How does your cat get ur attention?

Every single cat ive had has had their own special way of getting my attention.

Ok this is what usualy happens when the cat misses dinner time and comes home during the night when everyones asleep.

With Mickey he had the same ritual evey time, he'd jump onto the screen door and climb all the way to the top making a big racket, once geting to the top letting out a meow then jumping down with a big thud. He'd repeat this untill someone gets up and feeds him.

With Cassie-may she'd jump up onto the bed and give me heaps of cuddles and kisses, and being in her teenage stange she neevver does that anymore.. unless she wants something of coarse.

Hanzel will usually just do the classic meowing and a bit of clawing on the screen door to wake us up.

What do your cats do to get your attenton?

Sincerely, Krystle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 03:26 AM

Tippy is very shy - she will come only to me, especially when no -one is around - usually in the morning - kneading on the comforter, making crunching noises with her clawsies - until I finally wake up and start petting her. She nevert gets enough, and I never get enough of her sweet soul.
Frosty is very independent - he comes when I go to the bathroom or when I sit down at night. He doesn't like too much petting - just to be with me
Cheerio will stare at me, claw at me without me feeling a bit of claw - she is very sweet and gentle!She is doing it right now! Gotta go or she'll hypnotise me with her big eyes
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 11:39 PM

Tag can be a bit unbearable. He is relentless with meowing and getting under your feet, staring then walking over. This is only when he wants food. Other than that he is tormenting the dog!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 09:26 AM
Premier Cat

Snickers does a few different things. He either stares me down, meows at me really loudly, or he jumps out at me and swats at my legs as I walk by. He also likes to jump on my desk while I'm working

Pumpkin squeaks at me with her little squeaky meow, purrs loudly and begs to be picked up. Sometimes she puts her front paws on me or just jumps on me with no warning!

Pepper is the quietest and least rambunctious. She usually strolls over or she jumps on the back of my chair. Either way, she annouces herself with a trill.

Great topic. Since this is a fun thread, I'll move it over to Cat Chat.

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 03:49 PM
Cat Addict

In the early morning, Nico has two routines. When he wants you to just wake up, he purrs like a maniac , licks your face and kneads your stomach. If he's hungry in the morning, he will first purr -- if that doesn't work, it beats on the mini blinds. If that still doesn't work, then he will knock stuff off the dresser.

Miles is the king of stare down. Sometimes he will touch you with his paw (we call it "the one claw" -- not a scratch, just a tap with his claw), and he is also very vocal when he wants food.

Mom is...lazy. She never really wants anything except to play, and to get your attention, she meows.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 04:58 PM

Smudge will come and lay on the pillow next to me in the morning and start a purring which just seems to increase and increase in volume. She is telling me that she wants her breakfast but also a cuddle - this is her special time of the day, first thing in the morning and the other monkeys let her have it.

Toby is not much one for attention, he just likes to be in the same room as me. He talks to me every now and then just to make sure I am paying attention and occasionally lets me stroke him and will reward me with a purr but not often.

Willow is the most demanding of all - she follows me around like a lost lamb constantly chirruping at me and giving me super dooper head buts, if I am sat down she will jump in my lap, on the computer she is sat on the desk next to me, in the bath - she sits on the side pawing the water - you name it. If I am there you can guarantee Willow isn't far behind She's definitely high maintenance but I wouldn't have it any other way!!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 05:21 PM

Kit N. stands on her hind legs and quietly paws me when I'm in my computer chair and repeats that until I pet her or pick her up. For some reason, she can't really meow so she just doesn't try to anymore.

Dude will do anything to get your attention, he squeaks real loud, paws you or climbs on something.

The DustBunny just purrs loud when she climbs up on the bed to sleep next to us. She'll headbutt your hand and push her nose under it when she wants you to pet her.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 07:56 PM

If Tiger wants attention, he climbs somewhere forbidden (like the ironing board or dresser) and starts knocking things off. If you don't jump after the first crash, there will be another.

After Tiger had his teeth cleaned, the vet said not to feed him till the next day. Well, Tiger let me know that was NOT appropriate. He got his dinner that night.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 08:03 PM

Tiger and bandit wait until about 4 AM to start pawing my hair and when that doesn't work it's a more agressive pawing of the face and when I try not to respond to that they both take turns jumping on my head. That always works and you can imagine how I feel with only about 4 hrs. sleep and after feeding them I can't get back to sleep so I go to work.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 05:08 AM

Meows, starts tromping around like a mad man, bites the back of my legs, licks my head when I am sleeping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page