I'm Baffled by this. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

I'm Baffled by this.

Kiki lately has been acting kinda strange. She is picking up a dog toy in her mouth (it's one of those hard rubber ones) and she walks afew feet with it in her mouth while meowing. For the most part she is walking towards me with it,but she never makes it all the way to me.I thought maybe she wanted to play fetch so I threw it and she just looked at me. She has been doing this for a couple of days now, and it's always the same toy and she is always meowing when she has it. She can't be in heat cuz she's fixed. Does anyone have any idea why she may be doing this? has anyone ever experienced their cats doing this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 01:49 PM

mine does

Houdini does this also. She'll find a mouse meow with it in her mouth which sounds like vomitting sounds, now I'm used to it. I usually call her, she'll come running and play with her. I think its an attention getter with her.
She started it maybe a year or 2 ago, (she's 5 now). Its normal, well sorda.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 03:34 PM

Have you tried playing with her in another way besides seeing if she will "fetch" when she does this? It sounds to me like she's wanting you tp play with her, but she doesn't really get the fetch game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 05:57 PM

Mac does this - with him it's definitely an invitation to play. Occasionally he'll play fetch when he does that, but there's no correlation between what toy he brings me and what he actually wants to play.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Eyes Woman
Have you tried playing with her in another way besides seeing if she will "fetch" when she does this? It sounds to me like she's wanting you tp play with her, but she doesn't really get the fetch game.
She is not a very playful cat. She rarely is ever seen playing. And any time i have ever tried to play "with" her she looks at me like "lady...what are you doing?" And if the other cats start to play.....well then forget about her. Shell stop and go lay somewhere. She for the most part jumps on my lap when she wants attention. Wether it be when i'm on the couch or at the pc. And if she hasn't gotten to me like that she'll wait till i'm doing dishes or downstairs doing something and stretch her way up my leg so i will pet her. That is why i find this behavior so odd. Now if it were dracula.....thats another story. I'll have to snap a pic of Kiki when she is doing this cuz it is rather cute.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 11:27 PM

Try a laser pointer! I have yet to see a cat that can resist going after the red dot!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Cat

Cookie does that too with socks, sweaters, tee shirts, whatever. Then he drags the thing around the house and tries to pin it down to the floor and straddle it. He's fixed but he's still very male. The whole time, he's yowling loudly. I don't ever get the feeling he wants to play... he's just dreaming about some girl kitty, I think.

Ellie will put a toy mouse in her mouth and carry it all over the house, meowing so pathetically. It seems to me that her behavior is a call to play... like she's attracting attention and hopefully causing some jealousy over the toy she found.

Cats are funny, aren't they?

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 03:21 PM
Banned

Who knows why cats do things like that?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

I think i have a laser pointer here somewhere. We had to keep it hidden(and flashlights) because i had my mom and dads jack russel here for a while and he goes bizerk when he's sees that little light....10 x worse than a cat can be. She hasn't brought me toys today yet.... Probably because I want a picture!!
Bear the kitten is willing to play with anything. She attacks the laudry as I'm putting it away, trying to fold it, she is annoying the crap out of Dracula the past few days (really pissen him off). She started attaking my throw rug the other day too, now I'm constantly fixing it. Gotta love those wild imaginations!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 04:20 PM
Senior Cat

Its a play invitation.

I used to watch sooty, magic and tucker bring their "prey" to the kittens when they were still tiny .... and sooty would yowl at them to get them to come eat(play)

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Boy Cats: Tucker,Freeway,Tyson,Copicat,Mike
Girl Cats : Magic, Garfield, Buggie,Lexie,Spike,Ginger,Blue,Spooky,Rotten, Trouble
Strays: Charlie
2 Conures,2 African Greys,1 Black winged Jardine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page