rampant kitty - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

rampant kitty

This is a bit embarassing. I have only found one other person whos cat does this and no one seems to know the reason.
The thing is, my cat humps my leg nearly every night! sometimes as many as 3 times. sometimes not for 2 or 3 days.
I got him as a stray 2 1/2 years ago. He was neutered already and my vet thinks he is about 4 - 5 years old now.
He will wait for me while Im getting ready for bed then when I get in hes up on the bed purring like mad. then he gets hold of a mouthful of duvet and humps my leg! When hes done, he licks his bits and either goes to sleep or goes out.
I have also been woken at silly o`clock when hes been getting fruity with my shoulder and hes smacking me round the face with his tail!
Sometimes he will do it with the duvet during the day.
I heard that dogs hump their owners legs to assert their dominance. could this be what Kitty is doing?
Does anyone elses cat do this?
I asked the vet and she said it was just habit.
maybe he has unresolved issues about being neutered?!
Would love to hear your thoughts!
Lindy Loo and Kitty Poo Poo X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Cat Addict

Thomas does this occasionally, but only to my arm and only when I'm awake. So, I just shove him over. He'll be kneading a pillow next to me and then sort of scoot over to include me in the fun.

I don't know why he does it. It's gross. And I have no idea how to stop it. I even had the vet check to make sure they got all his bits when he was neutered at 5 mths old. She says yes, they're gone.

The only suggestion that I might have would be, is there someway that you can prevent him from getting in this position? Like, extra comforters over you that mask where your body is? Maybe if he can't really do it for a few days, he'll stop making it such a habit?

Also, (can't believe I'm asking this) is there anything else that he likes to do that to? (Thomas has a favorite pillow, yick) If there is, could you put that in your bedroom? Maybe he will go to that once you're not as fun and then THAT will become the new habit.

Anyway, I sympathize. Good luck.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 01:39 PM
Cool Cat

Wow, that's a new one for me --- I've never even heard of a cat humping a person. (So I obviously don't have any advice!)

Years ago (my very first own cat, actually) was fascinated with orange items, go figure. He (Enok) pulled the orange bathtowels down and gave them some lovin'. I had a 6-foot long stuffed orange snake that he would drag around the house and show his affection to it. He would always bring out his snake when I had company......

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

=(^.^)= Elsie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 04:01 PM
Cool Cat

LMAO! What "snake" does he pull out! Help me here!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Cool Cat

LOL, the stuffed toy snake, silly......

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

=(^.^)= Elsie
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Ha Ha Ha Haaa! Thats a dirty kitty!
Well Kitty only does it to duvets. I gave him a stuffed cat one day and he just gave me a filthy look and stomped off. Ive shoved him off a few times and he makes angry noises at me and just comes back when Im asleep! Changing the duvet made no difference either. maybe he`s just a little nympho-cat?! Im just glad he`s had the snip. Hate to imagine what he`d be like if he hadn`t!
Oh! You say your cat got his `friend` out in company. When anyone comes to visit and we are sat on the sofa, Kitty HAS to sit in between and he squishes right up against my leg and puts his paw on my knee as if to say, "She`s MY mummy! Back off!"
Love your stories.
Lindy Loo and Kitty Poo Poo X
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Cool Cat

OH MY! What funny stories!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Cool Cat

Maybe you should give him a few copies of Cat Fancy magazine and some time alone?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 04:06 PM

I had a Ragdoll named Andy, who would get "involved" with blankets and sometimes on my lap Everytime, I would squirt him with a water bottle and after a few repeats, he quit the behaviour. Kinda like a cold shower

Michelle
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 04:13 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Green
Maybe you should give him a few copies of Cat Fancy magazine and some time alone?

You guys are too funny. I'm cracking up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page