Danger kitty won't leave my kitty alone - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Danger kitty won't leave my kitty alone

I have a sweet little 8 month gray stray kitty, and she absolutely loves me and most everyone else whom she meets. But she was thought to be a guy kitty, until just the other day an unkown black stray started going after her. He would corner her and get all over her, with her always fighting to get away until I saved her. But today when I went outside I didn't see her, so I called her. She immediately came running, with the tom on her heels. She came quite close to me but then the tom got in front, just about a foot away from me, and hissed and growled- and seriously almost pounced and attacked me. My screaming and my friend's hissing got him to run- but he chased little gray away, too. So for hours we tried to find her, tried to get him away from her, tried to not be attacked by him, and then tried to find her when he was finally gone. The poor thing was terrified- she hid under rocks and would not come near with any cooing, comforting, baiting or whatnot. Anything coming near sent her off again. And under a nearby rock, we found an apparently freshly dead cat...I've know idea what's going on, but I want that stalker kitty gone and want my precious girl back. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 12:31 AM

If I were in your shoes I would keep an eye out for any sign of black kitty. If I saw him I would run outside with a water spray bottle and yell and spritz at him to make him run. If you do it often enough he will learn to keep away from your house. Cross your fingers that your gray girl will eventually return, take her in the house and KEEP her there!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

If you truly think of the little gray girl as yours, then bring her in..get her spayed and make her an indoor kitty. You cannot protect her from the dangers of outdoors any other way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 01:01 PM
Banned

I agree with both of the above. In addition to the spray bottle, I've found spray one of those cans of compressed air that are used to dust off computers to be very effective. I think because it sounds like a loud cat hiss.

When your gray kitty comes back, chances are she'll be pregnant; I hope you're taking that into account.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for all your suggestions- but one problem. I'd love to take her inside and get her spayed. But it's difficult when I can't even get to her. I can usually see her in the mornings if I call, but the black cat is always after her- she runs away with him right behind, and I don't usually see her for all day. Before this cat started chasing her, she'd be just right outside my house all day. Now, I've no idea where she's running to, and how to get her away from him if I did.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Cool Cat

Would you be willing to use a humane trap to catch one or both of the cats? You can buy a Havahart trap at Home Depot or Lowe's for about $45, or you may be able to find a rescue organization who will lend you one if you call around. I don't have experience with trapping, but several people who hang out in the Feral Cats section do, and they're very helpful with advice.

If you catch your girl first, you can bring her right in the house. If you catch the tom cat first, you can take him to a shelter, then either trap your girl or lure her in more gently.

It might sound mean, but the traps are designed to be humane, and I don't know of any other way to catch a terrified outdoor cat. Just make sure to do your homework first.

One way or another, I hope you can catch her! It sounds like she's really sweet and means a lot to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page