cat frenzy - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

cat frenzy

I've been noticing that several times a day, usually after meals or treats, Gigi (2 years old) starts this yowling noise, ears to the side, sniffs the ground, and frantically runs around the house or chases his tail. Is this because of the protein in his system and the need to release energy?

A few things that bother me is that it sounds like the same meow he used coming home in the car from the shelter and also the fact that he comes barreling down the hall. He has never shown any aggression toward us although he appears to be on edge and scared.

I try to give him a play session when this is happening and it somewhat calms him down.

Any other suggestions on why this may be happening?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 01:17 AM
Cat Addict

My three year old male cat does this too. I always just assumed it was youthful exhuberance. My now seven year old cat acted this way when he was younger, and still does it occassionally. Do you have any other cats?

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

I am happy to hear I have some company in this situation!

This is our first and only cat.

Even though I've read countless cat books, I am still trying to understand cat behavior. They are so different from dogs, which I am much more familiar with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Sometimes cats just run around the house with reckless abandon...very normal. Maggie does it after using the litterbox for #2.

Besides....he goes a little crazy and is rewarded with a play session...he has you trained very well now

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page