Kitten sucking on another cat.... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Kitten sucking on another cat....

Silly question Im sure...

But I have a kitten that is almost 4 months old. I have found her numerous times sucking on Chloe!!! Chloe is not her mother, not even related to her, Chloe is fixed. Chloe lets her suck on her fur to.

Why is she doing that!? Is it just because she's little? Panther sucked on my blanket to. But a kitten sucking on another cat I have never seen that before!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Premier Cat

Kittens taken from their mothers too young can do that.

When we rescued our 'trio' they would hang around our yearling neutered kitty. Two of the trio would suckle on his tummy and he never seemed to mind. A few weeks later the older kitty was killed in the road and that is when Hubby and I decided we would not keep outdoor kitties. The two who sucked on him stopped that behavior, while their brother (whom we had NEVER seen suckling on Inky) began to suck our thumbs. He remained a thumb sucker all his life (11 yrs) and I learned to sleep with my hands covered or I'd wake to him attached to my thumb.
Some cats outgrow it, others don't.

*Now I do have a few outdoor kitties, (s/n feral barn cats) but they remain outdoors because they have never tamed enough from being feral to remain indoors.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page