Newer older cat peeing on bed - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Newer older cat peeing on bed

I took in my mother in laws 9yr old cat when she had to move about 4 months ago. I already had a boy and a girl cat. Well the girl gets along with everyone but the two boys fought alot at first. They are down to only fighting about 1 every other day but they only tolerate each other. I have caught the new kitty peeing on the bed and on a shirt a couple times now. I keep the litter box constantly scooped so I don't know if it's stress or if it's not clean enough or he doesn't like sharing a box. I guess it could be a number of things so I should take him to the vet. Anyone have the same situation that can share some advice? Thank!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Cat Addict

With all the moving and new housemates, it indeed is possible that it's behavioral. But, I would definitely want to rule out any medical problems first. I really recommend a trip to the vet for a good checkup. Do you know when was the last time he was vetted?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 02:03 PM
Cool Cat

Agree with Mike. Might as well get a vet check and especially a check for urinary tract problems. Secondly, if you have just one litter box, now's the time to add another one. If there's a particular room or place in the house where the new cat spends more time, that would be the best place for a second box. It could be behavioral from stress, but you won't know until you've done the first two things. I have three boys here who "revenge pee" when any teeny little thing is wrong in their demanding lives. I've also learned to never leave clothes on the floor.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

=(^.^)= Elsie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page