Riddle the insane - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Riddle the insane

Ok, so every other cat I've had (ie Nakie and Rumor) have been terrified of the vacuum cleaner from first roar.

Maybe I've never noticed it before, but tonight when I was vacuuming Riddle tried to play with the vacuum!! Then, he tried to attack it (playfully).

Does any one else's cat do this?

At first, Sean and I were afraid that he was deaf. However, we did a series of tests (clapping around him, calling his name, opening a can of cat food (that one always works!!!!) and he passed each one!

We even tried shrill whistling sounds to see if maybe he was just deaf in certain frequencies.

Nope!!!! He looked at us like, "Are you guys crazy???"

Anyway...

Ideas? Comments?

I wish I'd gotten a picture, but its impossible to fend off a kitten and a dog while trying to vacuum and take cute pictures...well, maybe God could do it, LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 11:32 PM

Most of my cats have hated it, a few haven't cared either way, and I've had two that chase and pounce it (Harley being one). Some cats (and more than a few kittens) are just fearless. I have also noticed that cats tend to tolerate the vacuum and other loud noises less and less the older they get.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

The cats I have now aren't petrified of the vacuum, but they're not very fond of it either. I would say they're wary when it's around.

But the funniest thing I ever saw was my first cat Onyx. She absolutely hated the Dust Buster. One day I was using it and the phone rang. Left the DB in the middle of the LR floor while I went into the kitchen to get the phone. I was on for a few minutes and when I came back I found Onyx stalking the DB. She was crouched down and stealthily sneaking up on it. When she got close enough she sprang, landed in front of it, and gave it 4 or 5 rapid fire smacks with her paw and ran away. I don't think I ever laughed so hard in my life. She really showed that darn DB.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 12:04 AM

That's too funny doodlebug! When I had my Beagle mix, every time I used the vacuum she was right along side it, trying to bite it and barking at it non-stop. I hated vacuuming in those days!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page