What's your favorite odd toy? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

What's your favorite odd toy?

We all know cats have strange tastes, and they'd much prefer the crinkled up paper to the ten dollar toy you just bought them. So what's your favorite oddball toy, the one not made for the cat?

My cats love pencils above all. My Rotten adores them, she'll carry them everywhere.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 08:43 PM

Mew and Wicket go completely bonkers for the tiny plastic ring that plug the carton of milk when you first open it... they chase and bat it all over the kitchen floor as fast as they can.

Chewie's favorite odd toy is... my hair
Especially in the morning, she will be purring with us in bed and she gets that strange, fixed look in her eyes... and jumps all claws out in my hair, to attack and chew! I am trying to teach her not to do that because I value my eyes and am not too fond of kitty breath-scented hair, but it's not getting through to her so far.

Isis will play with anything that is under (the couch, the chair, the desk, the blanket, the sheets...) - her favorite so far has been a cardboard string taken from a big package my family sent.

And all of them love beautiful fluffy furry mousies... only Mew and Isis have taken to scalp them and now I have a posse of bald plastic mousies
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

Holly thinks treats are toys, she has to play hockey with them before she eats them. Onyx used to think that tampons were the just the best toy ever. My friend Debi's cat loves to play with Q-Tips.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 09:10 PM

Hair ties, dog bones, tennis balls, and a bookmark my daughter made at school that is a ribbon with beads on it. Mine wouldn't touch an actual cat toy to save their lives. I keep meaning to pick up some more ribbon and beads to make more bookmark/cat toys though.

Pookie used to like q-tips too, but I don't use them anymore, so she's sol.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug
Onyx used to think that tampons were the just the best toy ever.
I am sure that allowed for hearthy laughs - or awkward glances in company of "non-cat-people"

Quote:
My friend Debi's cat loves to play with Q-Tips.
Ah yes that's a favorite of Isis' too! She will sneak up on you in the bathroom, and steal one thinking she is being sooo stealthy... and then run around with it like crazy. Silly cats
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 10:17 PM

LOL to the tampons as a toy.

Kringle likes those twistie ties, I can't leave them on a counter because he will swat them down.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator

Cleo LOVES emory boards. I hope there's nothing wrong with letting her play with them. The kittens like them, too.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 10:43 PM
Cool Cat

I'll never run out of "toys" because the baling twine from the hay bales is loved by all.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

=(^.^)= Elsie
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 11:15 PM

Pens! I always use the kind that unscrew, and Harley and Jax both eventually have the pens in 4 pieces. Harley's new thing is the bathroom sink - he will knock things into there and then bat them around. I've had to hide away the toothbrushes and other things I do not want him touching, but he still knocks bottles of hair stuff (gel, mousse, whatever) in. I seriously need more storage space in there.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator

Knocking things into the sink just reminded me....Callie liked to play with soap. She'd knock the bar into the sink and bat it around.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page