Territory issue - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Territory issue

Ortiz just learned how to jump up to the cabinet. Therefore, he is officially able to get to anyplace in the room. On the other hand, Ola is not so good at jumping and still not be able to jump up to the cabinet and the TV.

I don't want to break their territory balance. But I kinda worry that Ola may feel bad that he is losing the territory. Should I do anything?

Another thing is Ola's obsession with catnip filled mouse. They usually are good friends snuggle next to each other and groom each other. But whenever I give Ola the small little mouse toy, he will take it away from Ortiz, stare at him and sor of groaning. This is so weird. What is it? Should I just not give them the toys anymore?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator

Territory is something they need to work out on their own.

Sounds like he's havin' a bad trip on the nip. Some cats become aggressive with it. Mine do...I don't give it to them all that often.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Banned

Agree -- don't interfere with their "territorial balance." You won't be able to do anything about it. It's a cat thing....they'll just consider you as getting in the way.

Cats have their own favorite toys, and they aren't real good at sharing. So just get some more toys, so there's enough they can each pick their own favorites.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. I just feel bad for poor Ola. He is such a chicken afraid to fall. Hopefully they will work it out fine.

As for the toy, the silly thing is Ortiz is not even interested in the catnip toy. He just got confused why Ola acts so weird.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page