My crazy kitten (Marble) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

My crazy kitten (Marble)

I have never owned a kitten before. I have to start reading/get a book on how to train kittens but Marble is just nuts!

Last night I was hooking up a bird toy in the cage and while I was taking the tags off, Marble ran over to me and ran up my leg! Thank God I had jeans on!!!

She has staked her claim (for sleeping) in a basket on top of my dogs crate. I ended up putting a big tray and a piece of carpet on top of there too so she could eat there as well.

The reason she uses this is because Cali doesn't like her too much and they still fight a bit. Nothing serious but enough that Marble needs a "retreat".

Cali goes outside all the time so Marble will run around and play. But she just seems so weird to me. Does anyone know of a website or a book about kitten behavior? While I find her totally hysterical, I'm wondering if there are things that I should try and correct with her.

Thank you in advance for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like normal kitten behavior...they're little freaks...and that's why we all love them so much. Enjoy it while it lasts, it goes much too soon.

ETA: Read some of Addfran's, Marie73 or Nini's threads on their kittens...better than any book

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Cool Cat

Kittens are "weird" and "hysterical". They're better than cable TV --- enjoy it while it lasts!

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

=(^.^)= Elsie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 11:34 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CataholicsAnonymous
Kittens are "weird" and "hysterical". They're better than cable TV --- enjoy it while it lasts!
so true
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator

My legs are absolutely torn up right now! It's actually worse when I wear something covering them, like a long nightgown, because they don't realize they're hurting me. When I wear short lingerie, they seem to know what my skin is.

That said, they jump on me and run up my legs because they want to be with me and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cali is a biter, and I'm going to have to work on that.

They fight and wrestle and run around like it's "cage night" in kittyville and only the survivor will get dinner. I just sit back and enjoy the show.

They run around the house like crazy. I've almost stepped on them, sat on them, closed doors on them. I opened the pantry door as Charlee was running around the corner, and BONK!

They're kitties, they're crazy and they're all mine!

Enjoy it while they're young - take lots of pictures!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
I opened the pantry door as Charlee was running around the corner, and BONK!
I laughed out loud picturing this - poor kittehs, they are always underfoot! So far I have stepped on Wicket (barefoot in the dark, he responded by biting my toe to the blood), almost closed the refrigerator door on Chewie's head, stepped on tails countless times, got tripped countless times too (I swear Isis and Mew would love nothing better than sending me flying on the floor, landing nose first in their plates of food) etc etc

Quote:
They're kitties, they're crazy and they're all mine!
That sums it up perfectly!

And we all know how long you waited for yours! I am so glad they are so fun and loving!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator

Well, thank goodness it was around the corner so she had to slow way down.

As I was typing this, Charlee jumped up on my headboard, knocked over my bottle of lotion, which the pump top was just resting on because it was from a different bottle and doesn't fit. Now I have lotion all over everything that was on the floor, my alarm clock, MY RUG, everything on the way down from the headboard. The worst part? My fault. I have been meaning to kitty-proof the stupid headboard, but they hadn't shown much interest in it. Off to do it now........

Yup. I love my kitties.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 02:32 AM

Just imagine if Cinderella had been in her usual place inside the headboard, and drenched with lotion
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator

But, Nini, she'd be even softer, more supple, and wrinkle free.

Gayle, I've had the kittens for three weeks and there's a new adventure every day. Seriously, they're tiny for such a short time, and when she's older, you'll long for the days when Marble was running around like a maniac. Well, maybe not like a maniac......

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
But, Nini, she'd be even softer, more supple, and wrinkle free.

And she would look ten years younger too! Want another kitten?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page