meowing in the bathroom... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

meowing in the bathroom...

it's been awhile since i've posted. the last time was about my little inglebert who since then, has been doing great.
but now i have a behavior question about my princess kitty Stryker.
Stryker is indoor/outdoor cat. He usually only goes outside to go to the bathroom (our other cats are like that sometimes as well) and then comes back in the house. He is the cuddliest cat you'd ever meet. when you pick him up for some lovin' he clings to you like a baby and pushes his head into yours and doesn't want to be let alone afterwards. we don't mind that at all, it's sweet.

But, he has this wierd thing that he likes to do now...
One afternoon i was sitting in my dinning room and all of a sudden i heard one of the cats meowing(screaming/yelling) really loud. it was coming from the bathroom! i got up and went to see what was going on...it was Stryker sitting on the toilet lid staring at the cabinet...just meowing. He saw me, jumped down, and went into the dinning room.
A few days later he did the same thing, only this time he was staring at the sink. (this was some tiem ago...) But, now he's been doing it the past 3 days. we just kind of giggle because it's so odd. He just sits on the toilet and stares at things and meows VERY loud over and over. Then he'll just leave the bathroom like he wasn't doing anything. and it's always in the bathroom...
He is constantly given attention...so we have NO idea in the world why he has been doing it...
my cats have personality and are very strange in their own ways...
but, this is just way too weird! -haha-
anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 12:40 AM
Super Moderator

Cinderella has done that a few times and it's the oddest thing. I have no idea why she was meowing. At first, it seemed she was meowing at the shower door. When I was able to breathe again, I realized there was nothing there.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 12:50 AM
Premier Cat

Both of you are silly! Don't you recognize that even kittys know that singing always sounds better in the bathroom?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator

Didn't even think of that!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 01:00 AM
Premier Cat

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 02:17 AM
Premier Cat

Twitch used to do that too sometimes. I just figured it was the good acoustics.

Victoria
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 06:20 AM

... Smudgie does that too, however, he uses the basement recroom to exercise his vocal cords !!!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

that's too funny!
well, at least i know my cat isn't the only one doing it -haha-
it gives us quite a giggle when we see him going into the bathroom and then a second later he begins to meow while staring at nothing.
lol
cats do the darndest things!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 04:58 PM
Cool Cat

I can't speak for your bathroom, but in my bathroom there is apparently a small colony of Invisible Things living under the towels. Perhaps he was merely making conversation with them.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 06:36 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
...there is apparently a small colony of Invisible Things living under the towels.

Victoria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page