How do I keep Callie from doing this??? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

How do I keep Callie from doing this???

She had three collars, all three are the ones which snap apart if she were to ever get hung up on something...which is what kind youre supposed to put on a cat right? Well she just takes them right off!!!! I dont have a clue how she does it but BUT every single time I put one on her within an hour or two shes collarless...EVERYTIME!!!! In the near future we are going to get her microchipped but for now we cant do that...is there another type of collar that is harder for the cat to take off that ive just not seen yet? Thanks yall...all suggestions are welcome lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Cool Cat

I found a different kind of safety collar at PetSmart. It has a normal buckle instead of of the snap kind. Elsewhere on the collar, there's a weak point that's just two strings of thin elastic, which doesn't show unless you stretch the collar. But if caught on something, the elastic will break and the collar will fall off.

Maybe that would work better, since she wouldn't be able to unsnap it? The downside is that it's stretchy enough for an industrious cat to slide off. But maybe it will stymie her for awhile. Good luck!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 02:04 PM

Also, keep a look out if the SPCA by you has a clinic. We just went on Saturday to a rabies & microchip clinic and Kringle got a microchip for $25.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 04:27 PM
Senior Cat

my SPCA chips for $10 any day. oh and i had the same problem with midnight i kept buying different colors because they vanished into thin air when she got them off well i finally got a red one and it stayed on and i haven't had a problem since she seems to only like red on her. lol.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Thanks yall for your suggestions..we are going to be getting her microchipped in the near future...just cant right now...BUT thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page