Poopy Paws Help!!!!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

Poopy Paws Help!!!!!

ok im new here and kinda new to kittens, well here is my problem-- our new kitten gets poop all over her back paws when she uses the litter box it happens at least 2 to 3 times a day and im gettin tired of poop being tracked all over the floor and on the brand new couch any suggestions on how to prevent this, the litter box gets scooped out daily and she still gets dookie all over her paws even with fresh litter help!!! its driving me crazy!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

ANYBODY?? and by the way she has six toes on her back paws if that makes any difference (more surface area for poop to stick to im guessing)
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 12:29 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I think the problem is her youth. She will become quite meticulous as she grows and learns, I'm sure.

Polydactyl cats are very endearing, aren't they?

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 12:47 AM
Super Moderator

OMG! So frustrating! They'll get better at covering (although Cinderella is too much of a diva to cover). My bigger problem was one kitten attacking the other while one was in the litter box. Still happens. The first thing I do when they get out of their room (or litter box) is check their feet (in case they've been having a death-match in the litter box). If they're poopy, they get carried to the sink and rinsed off (warm water, please). It very, very rarely happens now, but I know what you're going through. Baby wipes were suggested, but are pretty worthless.

Is your kitty really young? Maybe she wasn't with her mom long enough to learn her manners properly.

Welcome! We'll be needing pictures, too. (of the kitty, not the paws )

P.S. Dookie

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator

It's her age...I find it takes kittens to about four, four and a half months before they're really good about avoiding stepping in the poop and cleaning themselves. In the meantime you may have to do litter patrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRsmoothee
ANYBODY?? and by the way she has six toes on her back paws if that makes any difference (more surface area for poop to stick to im guessing)
Not sure what your expectations are....This forum is pretty active, but during the late evening/early morning hours it slows down significantly. But even during the day it's likely to take more than 16 minutes before you get a response.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

ok sorry for being so impatient but here are some pics as requested by marie enjoy!

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator

I'm the same way. I want an answer NOW. Depends on where you're located and what time zone you're on, too.

sorry, still laughing at dookie - I love it

I also do "butt checks" on all my cats, the kittens aren't so good at getting back there, either. (I call those "booms" - have no idea why.) Baby wipes are usually okay for that.

ETA: What an adorable kitty! What's her name? Love the white paws!!!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 06:17 AM

"Dookie".... that's my Digger's nickname.... Now I'm going to think of him as a **** head.......

Seriously though... she will get better at cleaning herself up. Also, is it normal stools that she's having, or are they very loose stools?? If it is loose stools, it could be her died, or she may have worms. Was she dewormed when you got her???
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 07:06 AM
Premier Cat

Ohhhh, she's a cutie!!! I love the white on her face.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Premier Cat

What a really cute kitten! Don't worry, when they grow up they will stop stepping on the dookie & getting it all over themselves. Trust me, I know from experience.

Plus my cats or I mean Sugar would attack Twinkie in the box when they were little. Then she would go in there with him & use it at the same time & if you are there, you have watch them when they come out because if they are dirty, you have to make a bathroom sink trip lol The baby wipes are no good for cleaning dookie because it just smears it & it's not really gone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page