"cat burglars" - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

"cat burglars"

Our cats love to steal jewerly,hairties,any paper money and pens. The open jewerly box drawers. We couldnt figure out who kept leaving a bathroom drawer open and not closing it. I caught one of our cats hanging off the drawer to slide it open and then taking whatever she could get her paws on. Sometimes it is funny but then when you have a keepsake you dont want to lose and they get a hold of it. I have to lock up just about everything. Anyone else have this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

Yup...still haven't found my watch that Holly stole last year.

It's one of the prices of snuggles and purrs, you have to kitty proof...there's always a tradeoff...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Tom Cat

I didn't realize how lucky I was that my girls hardly ever get into anything, until I lived with my sister for a few months. I learned very quickly that I had to be careful what I left out! Her cat Tre was obsessed with my hair ties. No matter how hard I tried he always seemed to find them.

However, the other day I did catch my cat Gabby red handed stealing my bra!

Katie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 08:25 PM

At home Chewie is the burglar... she will steal the weirdest stuff: toothpicks from the open kitchen drawer (needless to say now I make sure I close it tight everytime), any bit of plastic or crumpled paper, packs of tissues, syringe plungers from the sink where I keep them, anything that is light enough to bat around and that she has never been able to play with before... I am lucky that she has never touched anything "important" yet. Apart from chewing on every book or piece of paper she can get her teeth on...

Mew has a single object of obsession: hairclips. She will grab these from wherever they are, and run around proudly with them. I had a bunch of flat ones that were too small to hold my hair anyway, and donated them to her as toys... oh boy does she like to race after them!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 07:35 AM

Yup.... my permanent feral foster Nikki is like that... he takes anything and everything. He goes into my container and takes my grapes off the counter and shoots them all over the house, the takes anything out of the sink that you leave there ie: used tea bags... he's a real little clepto !!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

Holly's latest thing is taking used Q-tips out of the trash.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 11:27 AM
Cat Addict

my3babies is right about my boys. They are the supreme rulers of cat burglary. It's escalated to the point that they are now working as a team to destroy my home.

Thomas - Expert in breaking and entering - he can open any cupboard, door, drawer, etc...even the ones with baby locks. Those slow him down, but they don't stop him. Sometimes, he just can't get them open, so he just sticks his whole arm in through the crack and pulls out random things until he finds something good. Favorite things to steal - Food, Used QTips, Carbon Filters for water fountains

Tre - Ring leader - plans the operation and ensures that the biggest mess possible is made with whatever findings are obtained. For example, Thomas may open the linen closet...then leave. But Tre see this as a prime opporunity for mayhem. That plastic storage container up there with the snap on lid? It's filled with one of his FAVORITE things. Tampons. If you throw it off the shelf to the floor, there is a possibility that the lid will come off and you can then chew through the boxes and get out the tampons and take off the wrappers and carry them all over the house. Fun...see? Favorite things to steal - Food, Hair Binders, Tampons

Kota - Lookout - keeps an eye out for mom so that they can all run for cover when they hear me coming. He's basically the innocent drafted into sevice by the other evil two. Favorite things to steal - Food...if he can get any before the others consume it all
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug
Holly's latest thing is taking used Q-tips out of the trash.
Haha it's a favorite here too (yummy!)

Wicket and Chewie conduct regular nightly raids on the bathroom trashcan, as a result we can't put much in it... I guess getting one without a lid was pretty stupid in the first place
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty's Mom
If you throw it off the shelf to the floor, there is a possibility that the lid will come off and you can then chew through the boxes and get out the tampons and take off the wrappers and carry them all over the house. Fun...see? Favorite things to steal - Food, Hair Binders, Tampons
I laughed out loud reading about your professional burglars
I am sure you rarely ever forget to lock anything in!!

As a side note, Chewie stole a tampon from the bathroom cupboard the other day, ripped the wrapping apart and paraded all around the apartement with it in her mouth for a good hour... must be a valuable prize for kitties!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

She's just taunting you because she's fixed and you're not!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page