So happy I could cry... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Cat

So happy I could cry...

Some of you might know from my posts in the Health section that my 11 year old cat, Emanon, is having ear issues. His left ear was broken and permanently damaged about seven years ago, and now it's infected. Anyway, he's been on the ear wash and meds for about a week now, and there seems to be some improvement although he still yowls whenever he scratches that ear.

Anyway, suddenly Emanon has become an attention hog. He's always been affectionate (with me) but mostly somewhat withdrawn and quiet, due to his shyness and fearfulness. Now he follows me around just chatting up a storm. He always wants something, food, attention, and he's got to have it immediately, and he meows until he gets it. Generally he's not this social-he sleeps, eats, grooms himself, uses the litter box, and goes back to sleep. And just now, I was typing that I hoped it meant he was feeling better but afraid he was feeling worse and that's why he was so needy, when he just went racing through the living room (this cat doesn't run) batting a pencil sharpener! This cat NEVER plays either! I am soooo happy-he is definitely feeling way better. He's scheduled to be sedated tomorrow morning so the vet can extensively examine his ear but now I wonder if it's totally necessary. Yippee...I am so happy! Emanon is acting like he's five years younger! I'd do my Undignified Happy Dance of Joy but I'm afraid it would scare him back into hiding.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Miss Grace, Normie and Cleo, you will never be forgotten.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

I'm so happy for you! I'd love it if Cinderella suddenly acted like that!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 02:15 PM
Premier Cat

WOOHOOO, I shall do the happy dance for you. My kids are used to me being silly.

I would think you still would want to go through with the ear exam just to make sure there isn't something that will reoccur once this infection is knocked down.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 02:28 PM
Cat Addict

It makes me wonder if he's been feeling low grade pain for a while (making him act like he was acting), then it escalated with this infection, and now, he feels good for the first time in a while...so, I'd definately go through with it as well. Maybe there is something they can do so that he acts this happy all the time.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 02:55 PM
Premier Cat

That's so great you've had a glimpse on this side of him! I bet it's like having a whole new kitty. I hope this means his ear is better!

Holly and Murphy
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 02:49 AM Thread Starter
Cat

The transformation continues...after his overnight visit to the vet I expected Emanon to be pretty upset for a day or two. He did give me the cold shoulder for about an hour after he got home but now...well, while he was gone hubby and I bought some catnip and a feather teaser at Petco. We really weren't expecting much...neither cat has enjoyed catnip before and neither one of them are playful anymore either. Or so I thought. The catnip was again rejected by both and Snow gave the teaser a half hearted bat, but Emanon LOVED it. I was amazed...he's been playing with it all night! He's absolutely crazy over it and I can't tell you how many times we've bought home things for him to play with and he couldn't care less. He is definitely feeling better than he has for a long time. I feel guilty because I think he was hurting more and longer than I realized, but at least it's been taken care of now. In between playing he's been giving me enough snuggles to tell me that I'm fully forgiven and he's feeling 100% better.

In a week or two (our budget is exhausted from Emanon's visits) I'm going to take Snow in to the doctor. He just seems kind of down and I'm hoping we can figure out what's going on with him...if so, maybe I'll have two playful kitties on my hands!

Miss Grace, Normie and Cleo, you will never be forgotten.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 02:53 AM
Super Moderator

I'm so happy for all of you.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Premier Cat

Emanon knows who to thank for his feeling better.

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page