Something wrong, or just a weird cat???.. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Something wrong, or just a weird cat???..

Ive had my cat for almost 4 years now and ive Never heard him hiss or growl once, and he doesn't pur and he doesn't like other cats AT ALL.. Ive introduced him to over 10 cats that i know and he doesn't want anything to do with them, but introduce a dog or a puppy and he will play with them for hours on end..

Ive had my cat since he was 9 weeks old and the first other animal who he saw was my dog, and ever since then they have been best friends, but if a friend comes over with another cat, my dog greets him and plays with him, but my cat wants nothing to do with the other cat. But if another dog comes over my cat is right there beside my friends dog being friendly and playing..

I just find it really strange that my cat likes to play with dogs more then cats, you can put the biggest dog that u want infront of him(that likes cats) and they will have fun, but put the tinniest cutest kitten around him and he avoids them like the plague....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Premier Cat

Your cat has been socialized with dogs, so he's a 'dog person'.
Social interaction is learned behavior, not instinctive. It may take your kitty a long time to accept another cat as family.

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Premier Cat

ALL of my cats (well, except for LuckyDuck) hiss at new cats/kittens, but I foster often and they are accustomed to 'new faces' showing up. The hissing and avoiding usually only lasts a few days and then they are indoctrinated into the rest of the clan and everyone gets along just fine.
LuckyDuck just loves everyone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page