peeing RIGHT outside the box - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

peeing RIGHT outside the box

This morning, there was some pee in the twins' room on the litter box mat - and it's only where they had spilled some litter out - so really I'm hoping it's only because of that! They had peed inside the box, too, so that's a good sign (right?).

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Premier Cat

If it's the first time this has happened, I wouldn't worry too much. I've had this problem too. Mine started doing it more often, so I removed the mat in front of the box and then they stopped. If they do it again, try taking the littermat away. It's nice to have it there, but if they are peeing ON it, you're better off without it.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Okay, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Cool Cat

That happened to me too as my cats were growing up. I caught Ariel doing it once and she was actually in her litterbox when it happened, but her butt was just an inch over the edge. She actually looked really surprised when she turned around to cover up her pee and couldn't find it. My theory is that they just sort of outgrew their box - or they had a really poor sense of where their body was in space. After a couple of weeks they stopped peeing over the edge, but I bought them a bigger box anyway.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

It's a BIG covered litter box. I'm hoping it's just a one-time thing - that maybe it was because of the litter scattered outside. If they would stop their death cage fights in the litter box, it would help. I keep reminding them that they're girls!

It's an adventure every day going home to see what's happened while I'm at work.

post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
It's an adventure every day going home to see what's happened while I'm at work.
I just told my mom yesterday that sometimes, I like to delay going home from work because as long as I haven't arrived there to see with my own eyes what's occurred, I can imagine that they are all being as good as gold...cuddled together sleeping, cleaning each other, playing happily with THEIR TOYS and not getting into anything.

My reality never matches my fantasy.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Neither does mine!

post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
If you stayed home you'd find they did all their mischief in the first 10 minutes after you left and spent the rest of the day sleeping.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I believe it - I wake all four up every day when I get home.

post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 10:09 PM

This happened with Muffin once too. She had scratched a little pile of litter onto the floor in front of the box, then the next time she went on the pile instead of in the box. Only happened once.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page