Very Vocal Cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Very Vocal Cat

Hello,

Some times my cat feels the need to be very vocal. Sometime she will be in the office with us... and then she will leave.. and then start meowing in the living room and we will call her and after a few meows and a few more calls she will come back. She also does this some time when we are in bed. The mostly happens at night. Also some times she will come and sit beside one of us, usually when we are in the office and meow, and we pet her and talk to her, and play with her but some times she just keeps meowing. Any ideas why she does this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator

Cinderella does this all the time. In fact, her room is the living room, also. She wants me to come and brush her and spend time with her. Hello!! I'm just in the other room, Miss Diva! Sometimes, I give in and go brush her, sometimes I ignore her. She'll also do this two minutes after I've just left her.

Our cats are training us.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

Ahhh so it is attention she wants... and it works... :) we give her attention when she does this. Glad to know she is just craving more attention and that is not some thing strange.

Thanks for your reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 01:16 AM
Premier Cat

I have some very vocal kitties.

Taz just calls out to see where you are and have a conversation.
Simba tells you he wants a) the blinds open, b) the window open, c) to be picked up, d) to be put down.. the list is endless for him.
Miss Baby talks to just talk- what a Diva.

I love it when they talk, except in the middle of the night.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 04:53 PM

My cats almost never meow. This includes my 4 month old kitten. At first he was meowing all the time. But I've never seen him meow since then. It is because I am deaf so since I never respond to their meows they never do it unless they are really happy from petting and playing, or I have eye contact with them.

I see them meowing at each other though. Just never do it to me. Ignore the cat and it will shut up.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBark
Ignore the cat and it will shut up.
How I wish I had done that when I first got mine! Now they are constantly talking to me, and while most of the time it is adorable and quite fun, sometimes I wish I could shut them up! But I only have myself to blame
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page