Kitten Attacks Older Cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Hi everyone. My kitten is so bad. She always attacks my other cat and we spray her to try to make her stop. But she wont. What have you tried as a method of "keeping them not bad"????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 02:54 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Hi, Coleen! I'll move this to Behavior, and you will have your own thread. Welcome!

I'll delete the other one, because it's a repeat.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

More than likely she's just playing. Does your older cat engage with her? A good wrestle is fun for both of them. If your older cat doesn't like it, re-direct the kittens attention by playing with her....wear her out with some interactive toys like Da Bird or a laser pointer. See if you can teach her to play fetch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Thanks a BUNCH. My older cat tries to ignore her, and sometimes they even sleep in the same bed. My older cat (Socks) HATES when my kitten (Missy) pounces on him. But he just bites and meows back. Missy LOVES twist ties, so we just throw one on the floor and most of the time, she gets distracted.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, she's just playing and he's tolerating it OK. They need to work it out on their own, but if he gets really aggravated then districting her will help.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

When my kittens jump on Cinderella, she lets them know it will not be tolerated. It usually just takes that head snapping back and giving them that "look."

When they jump on Cleo, she usually growls and hisses, but they ignore her. They just start wrestling with her or chasing her and she usually joins in. But when she's really not in the mood, she does let them know.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

Isn't it amazing how they know just how far they can push? Holly will torture Kobi to no end, no matter how much he complains, hisses or growls...she ignores it. But if Maggie gives her a whack or a hiss, she backs right off.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

You are so lucky. Missy doesn't back off for anything! Socks bites and hisses and growles, but missy just fights back. We yell at him and her but the dont mind to much. She just goes into the front window cill.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 03:16 AM
Premier Cat

Yup, that's what kittens do. Your older cat will only tolerate so much and will let the little one know when she's gone too far. Unless he seems like he's getting depressed (not eating or withdrawn) I'd let them work it out.
Quote:
Missy LOVES twist ties, so we just throw one on the floor and most of the time
I'd be VERY careful with these! Kittens have a bad habit of eating things they shouldn't and you could end up with a serious problem if she does.

Victoria
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Now that we have our Christmas tree up, she likes to jump at the shiny and sparkley ornaments, or any one that is moving. Socks just lays under the tree enjoying the lights while Missy plays with her twisties under there. We have to spry her now because we are getting so annoyed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page