Younger cat eating all the food - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

Younger cat eating all the food

Someone can move this to nutrition if it needs to be there...couldn't decide.

Basically Pookie has always been a grazer. I feed them both the same amount, morning and evening, and Muffin finishes hers in one sitting, but Pookie eats a little and likes to come back later. Well I was brushing Pookie today and I noticed she felt a little thin...I think Muffin has been finishing her food. I should have figured that was going on, I feel bad for not keeping a better eye on it, but Pookie hasn't been acting hunrgry or anything.

When I saw Pookie downstairs by herself later on today I called her over and gave her some extra food. As soon as I did Muffin showed up out of nowhere and I had to sit there and shoo her off while Pookie ate. Then the phone rang, and when I came back Muffin was finishing the food again.

Anyone have any ideas? Am I going to have to feed them seperately from now on? Or seperate Pookie mid day and give her an extra snack?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

I would reduce Pookie's food to just what she'll eat so Muffin isn't overeating and give Pookie a snack by herself midday as you were thinking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 03:10 PM
Cat Addict

Re: Younger cat eating all the food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostine
Someone can move this to nutrition if it needs to be there...couldn't decide.

Basically Pookie has always been a grazer. I feed them both the same amount, morning and evening, and Muffin finishes hers in one sitting, but Pookie eats a little and likes to come back later. Well I was brushing Pookie today and I noticed she felt a little thin...I think Muffin has been finishing her food. I should have figured that was going on, I feel bad for not keeping a better eye on it, but Pookie hasn't been acting hunrgry or anything.

When I saw Pookie downstairs by herself later on today I called her over and gave her some extra food. As soon as I did Muffin showed up out of nowhere and I had to sit there and shoo her off while Pookie ate. Then the phone rang, and when I came back Muffin was finishing the food again.

Anyone have any ideas? Am I going to have to feed them seperately from now on? Or seperate Pookie mid day and give her an extra snack?
That pookie is a little bratty huh?
You already got advice so let us know how it works!!

Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 08:09 PM

Quote:
I would reduce Pookie's food to just what she'll eat so Muffin isn't overeating and give Pookie a snack by herself midday as you were thinking
I have to do the same thing with Femme and Little Blue.
I feed just enough for the three cats and I know Bullet will what he is suppose to but Little Blue is a hog will just eat and eat and eat and poor Femme doesn’t get her share. (I noticed this while I was unemployed and could watch and monitor their eating habits) So I give Femme extra food without the other cats knowing. I even feed her a different kind so she thinks it's a treat and will actually eat it not just graze it over.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

I have to feed my cats separately. Cleo and Cali are little hoovers who will suck up anything edible. Or not.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 08:37 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
I have to feed my cats separately. Cleo and Cali are little hoovers who will suck up anything edible. Or not.
I assume you've seen the Get Fuzzy about what constitutes edibility.... someone posted it here a while ago.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

No, never heard of it. I'll do a search.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 09:09 PM
Cool Cat

I searched quickly and in the thread I was thinking of, the image had been removed.

But I saved it.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

I couldn't find it on Cat Forum, but I found the website - hysterical!

Thanks!

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
Yep, same goes for Dani, Mahlee, Phoebe and Fenway...hogs. Trot sits there like a patient gentleman waiting for his turn in the background and Franny yells at me to bring some food to her bowl in the other room. Otherwise, she'd never get a turn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page