Snoring Cat?? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Snoring Cat??

Hello everyone

Tiger is sleeping right next to me on the couch and he is snoring, I mean is not loud but I can hear it, is this something I should worry about?
From time to time he moves his paws rapidly and then wakes up, is he dreaming? Can they dream? I think they can, last night his whiskers were moving up and down while he sounded like a pup crying but softer.
Do you have any experiences??

Thanks!

Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Premier Cat

I have seen most of my animals dream; the kitties, the dog AND my horse!
As a matter of fact, my older horse was laying down and twitching, I dropped the wheelbarrow, hollered at him and ran towards him. When I reached the poles of his corral and made them rattle as I tried to quickly crawl through, he startled awake and gave me SUCH a disgusted look for disturbing his sleep...
I'll tell you though, I almost had a heart attack and was already crying, thinking he was having seizures.

The dog would dream and I've seen the kitties dream. Shadow is the only kitty I have that snores. Unless kitty has trouble breathing while awake, I don't think it is anything to worry about.

They sure keep us guessing and worried, don't they?

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi n Q
I have seen most of my animals dream; the kitties, the dog AND my horse!
As a matter of fact, my older horse was laying down and twitching, I dropped the wheelbarrow, hollered at him and ran towards him. When I reached the poles of his corral and made them rattle as I tried to quickly crawl through, he startled awake and gave me SUCH a disgusted look for disturbing his sleep...
I'll tell you though, I almost had a heart attack and was already crying, thinking he was having seizures.

The dog would dream and I've seen the kitties dream. Shadow is the only kitty I have that snores. Unless kitty has trouble breathing while awake, I don't think it is anything to worry about.

They sure keep us guessing and worried, don't they?
Your horse? OMG that is too funny, I can't believe you were creeping up on him haha,!
Tiger breaths fine but right now he is up to no good, what is new? hehe.

Yeah I worry about him very much, he is my boy!

Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 09:12 AM

My sister has a dog that sleeps on his back and snores like a buzz-saw.
It does sound like Tiger was dreaming - maybe he was in a field full of mice
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Banned

Toby snores like a pig when he is sleeping. Perfectly normal. And dreams too
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Cool Cat

My goodness. My mother's cats, the chronically-congested Persians, snore louder than any person I've heard. Last summer when I was living with my mum, she went away for a weekend so the cats camped out in my room (they're usually stuck to her like glue, but I guess I'll do in an emergency ). In the middle of the night I woke up to complete silence and my first thought was that the darn cats had gone into respiratory arrest and were dead. Well, Princess had just gone to the litterbox and Llewellyn was having a midnight snack, but I'd gotten so used to the sound of them snoring that the quiet woke me up.

My poor mum. She got divorced from my dad almost ten years ago, who snored like crazy (not why they split, of course) and ended up getting two cats that snore like crazy.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertweeky
Your horse? OMG that is too funny, I can't believe you were creeping up on him haha!
Oh, no. I wasn't sneaking up on him at all. I ntoiced him laying down and when I saw him twitching, I called his name.
He didn't respond. Just kept laying there, twitching, so I yelled louder.
He STILL didn't resopond.
That is when I dropped the wheelbarrow and ran towards him, calling his name and sobbing. When I hit the panels of his corral, they rattled and that woke him up.
Crazy horse.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 12:03 PM
Tom Cat

Cooper snores and has what seems like some pretty intense dreams sometimes. I remember one time in particular. He was sleeping and I went over to pick him up. I put my hands under him to lift him and I guess he was dreaming that something was attacking him. He went nuts on me and gave me a REALLY good scratch on my arm. The scar is still quite noticeable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Premier Cat

Arianwen sometimes snores softly, but I like it because it means she's completely relaxed and feels safe.
If Arianwen is having what seems to be a scary dream where she's struggling and crying out in her sleep, I pet her very gently and very softly tell her she's safe. She wakes up then and starts purring very loudly and sometimes she'll hold my hand and start grooming me.
Poor baby, she must've had a hard life in her past.

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne5459
My sister has a dog that sleeps on his back and snores like a buzz-saw.
It does sound like Tiger was dreaming - maybe he was in a field full of mice
Or a field full of broccoli, he likes to sleep on his back sticking out his front paws in the air, he doesn't snore when adopting this position though.
buzz saw? hahaha

Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page