can some one tell me what his actions mean? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

can some one tell me what his actions mean?

Lately I have opened the door to come in and find Sundance on top of Linx with a mouthful of Linx's neck. Linx, my big boy out weighs him by 9 pounds, and doesn't seem bothered by Sundance he just lays there until he gives up then Linx walks away. I assumed this was Sundance trying to take over as top cat. Now I have caught him doing this to Pandi who is smaller and Mischka who is about the same weight. Is it a similar issue with them even though Linx is top cat? The girls find it annoying and scream like he is killing them. So since it is occuring more often I need to determine if he is hurting them and I am a bit worried. Any opinions????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Cool Cat

It could be dominance or sexual, is he neutered and is he mounting them when he does it? My cat Willie does this to Neko but he is actually trying to get him to play so if your cat is that type who trys to play all the time he could be doin that too. Does he ever puncture their skin?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
If Sundance was neutered relatively recently, he would still have hormones at work. Otherwise, I think he is trying to show dominance. My three collies, two females and one male did this to each other, even though the male was neutered! (The females were show dogs.) Noone ever got hurt. It was just "King of the Hill." I hope that's the case with your cat.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

Kobi does this to Holly, I think he is feeling a bit amorous even though he's missing the tools to do the job. She just lies there and looks at him like he's nuts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 02:08 AM

my cats play fight and cujo (who out weighs kat by at least 5-6 pounds) often pins her and bites her neck till she cries and hisses at him. occasionally she'll come away with a scab. she starts it just as often as he does though, but sometimes she'll be done before he is and wind up running and trying to hide.
if she starts hissing i'll break them up, of course, but other than that they seem to just be having fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page