Lio and his litterbox use - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Lio and his litterbox use

Lio is our 1 year old (And three months) cat, we have Nym a 16 year old Siamese too....

Lately, and ONLY within the last month Lio has pooped once in a chair and at night (We have been going to bed later) twice on the bed. And the bed is where he loves to curl up and sleep/nap

Its been the holidays, we've had guests, he uses the litterbox every other time but the incidents....

He and Nym get happy Cat premium adult cat food (We live in Germany) and he and Nym have shared the food, us, and the litterbox without incident until now....

The poop is totally normal to look at, no blood, no worm segments, no diahreha, nothing.....

The only major difference in the whole thing(Other than the holidays) is the BioCatolet litter we changed to.......

Its celluose based (recycled newspapers) and has a scent added to it....

We had been using a wood based bio litter, and changed because we could not get that one.....But we can get it now....

The only other thing we noticed is that the litter does not hold down the ammonia smell, and we JUST changed the litter a day and a half ago so its clean...

Suggestions welcome... Or ideas why hes doing it.....

We do have a good enzimatic cleaner, which we washed everything with......

And they go (Both cats) for the yearly vet check (Both are totally inside cats NO outside for them....) in the next couple of weeks.....

Again help or suggestions welcome.....

Kelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Premier Cat

I first think it is the type of litter you are using. Next, if you only have one litterbox, maybe Nym was using it and Lio had to go RIGHT THEN so he used the chair/bed. But...I think it is your litter, and by 'going' on the chair/bed he is telling you in the only way he knows how, that he doesn't like it.

For the ammonia smell, I use a clay based clumping litter and scoop out the waste daily. I feel that ANY litter that doesn't have the urine removed regularly will smell sooner rather than later.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator

I agree with Heidi...he's telling you that he doesn't like the new litter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Lio and his litterbox use *UPDATE*

Thanks!

We changed the litter to a very fine almost sand like clumping litter and clean it twice a day. We also kept Lio out of the bedroom when we could not keep an eye on him for about three days (At the time when he had the accidents)

No accidents since then at all....

Again thanks!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

Cool!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page