Why does kitten keep coming back with poop stuck in his fur? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 06:10 AM Thread Starter

Why does kitten keep coming back with poop stuck in his fur?

and what can I do about it? (I mean to stop it happening, I'm tired of spending more time wiping my cat's ass than my own )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Poop on the butt is usually a sign of diarrhea. Since you say "coming back", I assume you mean from outside. He's probably picked up some sort of parasite like worms or eaten something that has caused his tummy to be upset.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Premier Cat

Yup, either diarrhea or constipation.

Victoria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

it's not diarrhea, it's bits and pieces of regular turd (which I have experience in cleaning up and seemed of a fairly solid and consistent nature)
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Little tiny kittens can't really help it. (Been there, wiped that.) Mine had problem with their feet, too. That was such a lovely way to start my day. With age, they get better.

How old is your kitten?

Can we see pictures?

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 02:03 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Been there, wiped that.)
Too funny!!

Victoria
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Cat Addict

Re: Why does kitten keep coming back with poop stuck in his

Quote:
Originally Posted by placidliver
and what can I do about it? (I mean to stop it happening, I'm tired of spending more time wiping my cat's bum than my own )
I am sorry but when I read your post I started laughing.
My sisters has 3 persian cats and she has the very same issue, regular poop stuck on their precious fur. She shaves their hair back there every 2 weeks and it seems to be working for now.
These cats are major rugs, so cute though!

Good Luck!

Maria
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 07:31 PM
Jr. Cat

I know exactly how you feel... We have a Persian/Himi who has that problem from time to time. Sometimes several times in a week! And it's pretty solid (gross?!) so we know he's ok inside, even though we checked with the doc just to be sure.

Two words for you... baby wipes! Someone here turned me on to them and they work great! I even saw cat wipes at Petsmart last time I was there, seems others have this problem too lol.

The shave works best tho. No substitute for the fur not being where it causes problems.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

There's a new commercial out for something a little thicker and stronger than baby wipes. I'll try to make myself watch some commercials tonight and see if I can find it. I found that baby wipes were pretty useless - at least when the kititens got their feet covered in poo.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

I'm pleased to report problem solved! Kitten has grown enough to be able to sit on his haunches/backside and clean himself thoroughly, which he now does all the time. I wish I could offer some pics but no camera
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page