Needy cat cute yet annoying - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Needy cat – cute yet annoying

The reason I picked out my youngest cat at the shelter was because she more or less picked me. While all the other kittens slept she sat at my feet, looked up at me and mewed until I would pick her up.

6 months later she still loves affection and follows me wherever I go. If I am brushing my teeth she is up on the sink with me just staring at me. If I’m blow-drying my hair she sits on the floor or on the toilet seat waiting until I stop so she can meow and I will hear her.

A couple months ago she started this weird habit of crying at the bedroom door at pretty much the same time every morning (6am). She has become a sort of rooster. The obvious problem is that she is really loud and wakes us up when we want to sleep in. She will also claw under the door in an attempt to get in.

When we do let her in she just jumps up on the bed and looks for any protruding hand to nuzzle and force us to pet her. Although this is adorable, it’s getting to be a big annoyance and I’m hoping she’ll grow out of it. Suggestions? My older cat grew out of it, will the little one as well?

Sidenote: The reason my cats don’t sleep with me is because 1.) the little one still gets into things that we don’t want her to and 2.) I hate moving them when they are cuddled up next to me, therefore I don’t sleep well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

I'd like to say she'll grow out of it. However, my 4 year old kitty hasn't yet....he still meows same time every night...around 2am. He doesn't stop until I get up and lock him in the basement. Yes, it is annoying...I know how you feel! Try some play therapy at night before you go to bed and get the littled one really tired and worn out. Then, hopefully she'll have a good night sleep. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page