Piglet Cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Piglet Cat

I have 3 cats... one in particular is getting to be quite the little piglet and is looking rather overweight. The other 2 are of normal weight, but my little Autumn seems to spend the bulk of her time with her little whiskers in the food dish. Unfortunately, it's hard to put her on a diet because she shares the dish with the other 2 cats. If I remove the bowl, then the other 2 will suffer. Anyone else had this issue? I don't know how to keep her away from the dish. She's getting to be so chubby that if she were human she would not be able to tie her own shoes!

Jenny

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dogs have masters. Cats have support staff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Tom Cat

Is this the same as chipmonk cat? I had a good laugh reading that thread. I'd love to see a video of that.

Anyway, it sounds like you are feeding dry food and leaving the bowl out for the cats to graze. You may want to try to put them on a feeding schedule, usually twice a day.

You may also want to switch to wet food. Most seem to agree the wet is healthier then the dry, especially if you go with the premium brands. There have been quite a few threads in the health and nutrition forum on that topic.

regards,
Brian
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsman
Is this the same as chipmonk cat? I had a good laugh reading that thread. I'd love to see a video of that.

Anyway, it sounds like you are feeding dry food and leaving the bowl out for the cats to graze. You may want to try to put them on a feeding schedule, usually twice a day.

You may also want to switch to wet food. Most seem to agree the wet is healthier then the dry, especially if you go with the premium brands. There have been quite a few threads in the health and nutrition forum on that topic.

regards,
Brian
Maybe I'll give that a try!

"Chipmunk" kitty is the blond one on the left. The calico cat is "Piglet" on the right. I haven't put any pictures of of Miss Kitty yet... she's our resident "Diva"... the "Boss Lady" of the house!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 09:31 PM
Cat Addict

Re: Piglet Cat

Can you feed him less than Missy cat and Chipmunk kitty?
What are you currently feeding them: wet/dry?

Maria
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertweeky
Can you feed him less than Missy cat and Chipmunk kitty?
What are you currently feeding them: wet/dry?
Dry food... but I'm wondering if that's the right thing to do. Is there any evidence that wet food is better then dry? What's the consensus out there?

Jenny

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Cat Addict

Read this:

http://www.catinfo.org/index.htm
also check our sticky post:
https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=9107

My cat Tiger is on an all wet food diet because he blocked , I wouldn't feed him anything else, wellness works great, it is expensive but It is well worth it!

Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page