This seems to be a very popular topic. Here is a little background. I have 2 cats, 1 male and 1 female. The female cat has the litter box problem, this has been going on for prob 2 years. I don't think she every uninates in the box. It started in my bathroom where the litter box was, she would go on the floor, rug, or even the bath tub. The problem then moved to my kitchen as well, in many different spots. She used to only do this at night when we were sleeping, but know she has actually done it 2 times right in front of me
We have tried leaving our bedroom door open at night, since she crys @ our bedroom door, we thought that was the problem.
I do believe my female cat could be stressed, she requires a lot of attention, meows at our bed room door to be let in, etc. I also believe that my male cat gives her added stress, he really bullys her and I think may have caused this problem originally. He gets jealous whenever we give her any attention. Here is what I have tried, since I believe I have tried almost everything.
- Multiples Litter Boxes
- Different kind of cat litter
- Cleaning the box totally once a week, including brand new litter (of course we clean the dirty litter everyday as well)
- Cleaning the floor with cleaners that are suppossed to take away the urine smell
- Something you plug into the wall that is suppossed to reduce the stress level
- I have also discussed this problem with my vet, who really isn't very helpful, but I am sure he ruled out a urinary infection (How do they test for this?)
Please any help would be welcomed. My husband is on the verge of bringing her to a animal shelter. I just found out I am pregnant, I can not deal with the litter, so now this has become his problem
Thanks in advnace and wish me luck