That Darn Marmalade! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

That Darn Marmalade!

He just scared the bejeezus out of me!

I had just finished replying to the thread where the poor girl lost her kitty with his bladder problems when I heard someone in the small litterbox, scratching around...then I heard a low, mournful "Mreaow" and more sand hitting the side of the litterbox.

I dashed in to check, and it was Marmalade. Shasta was beside the box, staring towards the front, like she was waiting for him to exit so she could 'pounce' on him. I shoo'd her away with a hand gesture and knelt down to look at Marmalade. When I peered inside, his head popped up over the rim of the tray and he looked at me with pupil-dilated eyes. Then he jumped because I was so close and I had surprised him. When he jumped, his feet kicked sand and he spun around trying to 'catch' the little sand grains as they flung themselves against the sides of the litterbox hood.

That was when I noticed Marmy's tail was fluffed and curled over his back. His signature 'I'm playing' sign. *slaps hand to forhead*

Ugh. Cats. They sure can put the panic in me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Cat Addict

Re: That Darn Marmalade!

So Marmalade was just trying to freak you out? Dang your cats surely have strong personalities, that wasn't funny

Maria
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

No, he wasn't trying to freak me out...he was just playing.
I don't know why he 'cried', but he really does love to jump around in the litterbox and try to chase the noises of the sand hitting the sides. He'll spin around in there for minutes at a time (spin left, spin right, spin left, spin right, paws slapping at the sand and sides of the box, tail fuzzed and whipping over his back end) before he comes tearing out and through the rest of the house like the Hounds of **** are after him and he's trying to get enough speed to get airborne. If I happen to be standing/walking in the kitchen or living room when he comes tearing in, he will 'confront' me by sliding to a stop, sideways on to me, tail fuzzed and whipping, feet spread and claws extended and his head lowered with his ears back. Sometimes he'll even jump at me, sort of hop towards me and rear onto his back legs to wave his front claws at me.
He looks like he's saying: "You wanna piece of me? I'll tear you UP!"
Then he takes off like a rocket again in the opposite direction.
Crazy cat.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Cat Addict

Dang!! He is crazy LOL.
Glad to hear he is ok!

Maria
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

We need that on video.

Soon.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page