My cat doesn't like to use the litter box - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

My cat doesn't like to use the litter box

I posted for the first time a few days ago. I received many helpful responses

I was inquiring on advice for my cat that does not use the litter box when she urinates. It would be very helpful if I could get some advice from people who have had the same issue with a resolve

What type of litter does your cat like. I have tried Cat Attract, but I didn't realize that it was suppossed to be added to the regular litter, I was using it as the litter.

Also, what did you use the clean the urine. That is the 1st problem I need to solve, since she keeps going where she has gone in the past. I have tried 1 or 2 different types that did not work

Any advice would be welcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Cat Addict

Re: My cat doesn't like to use the litter box

I have been using Fresh Step (Clumping kid) however it is getting so dusty I am thinking we need to change it.
I haven't used Cat Attract but yes you do need to mix it with regular cat litter, I am sorry You didn't know that.
Nature's miracle is the best-known enzymatic cat stain and odor remover on the market, try it, It won't dissapoint you!

Maria
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Cat Addict

I second Nature's Miracle as a good enzymic cleaner for cleaning pee spots.

I've never used the Cat Attact additive, but unless it said it clearly on the box (and if I'd never been to this forum before), I'm sure it's an easy mistake to make. Try adding it to any standard litter. I use Scoop Away Multicat litter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

I didn't know Cat Attract was an additive, either.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Tom Cat

Cat attract comes both as a litter and as an additive. So you you're all correct.

The additive comes in a shaker bottle (like parmasan cheese) and the litter comes in a large plastic bag.

you are supposed to use the additive with a unscented litter and naturally they recommend there own brand. When my cat had litter box fear issues I had better luck with the litter. You are supposed to use it strait up, but I added about an inch on top of her regular litter instead. I didn't want her to become unfamiliar with her regular litter (and also that stuff ain't cheap) and it worked out well for us.

regards,
Brian
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 03:59 PM

Could you put the litter box on top of the spot she urinated on?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsman
Cat attract comes both as a litter and as an additive. So you you're all correct.

Brian
OK I am dingy!

Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page