New Cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

New Cat

hello,

I just adopted a calico cat, 7 months old and just have some questions. She was just spayed and i cant seem to stop her from licking her stitches. Any advise on what i can do? also she jumps on everything, i dont really mind except for when she jumps on my counter or the fridge or my television. I noticed there was scratches on the side of my tv and i would really hate if she scratched the actual screen. any tips on what i can do to keep her away from certain areas? other than that she is a good cat, she doesnt seem to be chewing wires, at least when im home. I would assume she would stay away from wires as well when im gone?.. and she seems to be using her scratch post for her nails rather than my couch. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome!

My two calico kitties are 7 months old - almost 8. They run and jump on everything. I would also like to think they don't chew on the wires when I'm not home, but I'm not betting any money on it.

Bitter apple spray may help keep her away from some things. You may want to use a lemon-scented product on the t.v.

Don't even try to keep her off of or away from certain things - anything breakable or valuable, just put it away until later. Don't fight it.

My kitties are fearless and curious and stubborn and willful and cute and funny! Just remember, she's only this small and active and rambunctious for a short time - enjoy it and take lots of pictures!

Oh, and please post the pictures for us.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I would ask the vet for a collar so she can't lick her stitches.

I agree with Marie about the bitter apple spray. It should keep her from chewing anything dangerous. I don't think she'll be able to scratch your TV screen. She probably likes it on top of the TV because it's warm. Mine love to lie on the VCR. Perhaps you could put something a bit less tall that she could use as a step to the top of the TV, and use something to protect the surface. Good luck!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page